Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

basiacally the centre section of my exhaust is hanging off, rattling and blowing. i took it to a mechanic who put some brackets on to hold it in place for the time being until i got a bit of money.he told me i just need to get a whole new full exhaust as the back box was blowing aswel. i was going to pay for a standard exhaust from somewhere like quickfit and was told it wil prob be roughly around the £250/300 mark. i just wondered if i pay a couple of hundered more wot i can get basically and was thinkin of getting a v6 rear valance too.

any help will be greatly appreciated. i have a 2000 1.8t golf.

thanks

joel

[:D]

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Hi Joel,

For that price you won't get the likes of a Milltek etc new so your best bet would probably be to go down the custom route.

Post up your rough location and I'm sure the forum members can point you in the right direction.

Also keep your eye on the classifieds and ebay.

·
Registered
385 Posts
for around £350 your get a Milltek system and then £40 to get a new 4 motion valance or you can just cut out the old one a bit!

Your get a nice sound from the milltek and it should last 10 years plus!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ebay down pipe for 100isg and a custom cat back system might just fall into your budget especially if you have a non resonated centre section

1 - 7 of 7 Posts