1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for an exhaust in the near future for my Golf mk4 SDI
but i can't really find one, apart from powerflow who will build me
one. What tuning companies do an exhaust for this model, If anyone can
shed some light on this it will be gratefull.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. Nah i actually mean in the near future, I've just had my car
lowered yesterday and have no more cash to spend on my car at the
moment. So what exhausts are there for the sdi golfs??

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Sony, depends what you want to do with it. There is always foxys mod on his website where he took his OEM exhaust and fitted 2 tailpipes to it.

Powerflow will build you one yes, but they do like to go a bit chav on things (their main customers), so explain exactly what you want with pics.

You will need to cut your valance or put the tailpipes underneath the valance and have them sticking out, but that would just ruin your car, much better off either cutting your valance or going for the 4mo valance which already has the cut out.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone ever put an oval pipe on both sides of the anni valance like
the R32, if I do that I will have to cut out the exhaust sections
because i don't want the exhausts hanging below and spoiling the look
of the car.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
How true this is I don't know, but powerflow have been under my car planning an R32 type exhaust.

Be careful as your fuel tank could be in the way, which means a lot of extra routing. I also don't think you should do it mate on an SDI, much better off sticking to either one round pipe on the passenger side or two pipes on the passenger side.

You can cut your valance up as much as you like, but it will never look as good as a true 4motion one as these 'recess' and don't just look like a cut out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, I'm in the same boat, looking at a powerflo from silver system in leek for my tdi150
I've got myself a 4motion valance, I don't want sound dumb but what's this 70mm down pipe I've been told to ask about when I phone up, also any idea on the prices of the set up with a decat pipe?

Thank in advance

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
No Pics in that thread! We need [^^]

From the cat back all 1,8T golfs and 1.9TDI's are the same. Even the 1.4 and 1.6 engines share the same aftermarket exhaust. The diameter may be different but most can be supplied with adaptors to make them smaller to connect to standard downpipes. The hangers are all in the same place. Ive got a Remus on mine that came off a 1.8T...perfect fit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers for that madman.

Soz for lack of pics. New to this forum and I ain't got a comp. Using an I phone and I ain't mastered it yet haha, I'll get there in the end ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just spoke to the guy at silver systems, he told me he couldn't do 3 inch down pipe but 2 1/4 and straight thro with decat for 280 quid with my choice of backbox
Question I'd like to ask you all is that size downpipe ok and would I notice the difference?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts