Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i cant really do much to my car to make it any faster, but is the an exhuast i can get that will make it sound more powerful, i dont want the exhuast to stick out or i dont want to have to cut any whole out, i have a mk4 1.4 16v normal bumpers, does any body know where i can get one and what price thanks for the help again?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm sure I've seen an exhaust which looks very similar to the standard one. It was called discreet but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it[:|]

·
Registered
470 Posts
Try Jetex, I'm pretty sure that they do an exhaust which pokes out below the bumper (they do one like that for the Bora anyway) and they fit better than Milltek. You don't need to change the bumper to fit the 4 Motion style tail pipes, if you do go the other route, only the rear valance which is about ?40 from the stealers.?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey mate,

I'v got a 1.6 16V, and no my exhaust hasnt REALLY added power to my ride, but has a nice deep tone to it, which is how i chose for it to sound, rather than a loud jap style.

I got mine done at my cousin's place Torque Exhausts (www.torque-exhausts.com), who do custom stainless steel exhaust systems. Mine was done from the cat back, and i chose my tips (Twin 2.5" to the left). They made a very small cut out in the original valance, which isnt noticeable at all. You could chuck on an anniversary back valance which has a cut out already, but i wanted to keep it as cheap as posssible too [:p]

Check them out if you want...we East London by the way [Y]

Switch....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi,

Take a look at Blueflame - I did mine and there is a noticeable power gain by doing the full system - I had cat etc.

Check out my previous threads - And no, i don't work for them.

I've had my car for two years and it has made it like a new car and a real joy to drive now.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/680288.aspx

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/701252.aspx

Also no disrespect to anyone but get the 4mo rear valance - for the sake of ?40 or so your car will look much better rather. More OEM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi, how much did it cost you to get it done from the catback, i think yours looks really good but i would like to keep mine tucked away, do you think they will do an exhaust like that?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi, if your talkin about mine...price wise cant really say, its my cuzin man! put it that way LOL Having it tucked away is not a problem..i'll ask him how much it would cost ya cat back, and i'll let u know ASAP buddy...

If you wasnt talking about mine.....[:$]....u should have![:mad:] lol

Laterrrr, 5w1tch....

·
Registered
487 Posts
hi, how much did it cost you to get it done from the catback, i think yours looks really good but i would like to keep mine tucked away, do you think they will do an exhaust like that?
Was ?225 from the Catback and ?275 for the cat. Checkout the thread for the prices

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi mate sorry bout the delay....

Just asked...said ?300, cat-bak, and they can do the "hidden" style u want too, no problems.

Switch...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i've only just joined but came across your question. There is only one place to go... MIJ performance (www.mijperformance.com) They fitted a bespoke exhaust to my last car and it was fantastic. They are unbelievably reasonable to; I just got a quote for a full system for my gti 1.8t and it came in at under ?250! That's including VAT and fitted!!! Seriously, give them a try, and no, i don't work for them! It'll mean a trip to Walsaw (birmingham) but you won't regret it :) Their systems also offer a lifetime guarentee

·
Registered
535 Posts
Im with tabs

MILLTEK all the way

I have the r32 milltek on mine and its fantastic. A little quite for my liking but sounds awesome.

Dale

·
Registered
864 Posts
Milltek even though its not on yet but the quality is excellent n i've got discreet backbox so not got to change rear valence

·
Registered
149 Posts
Found this Website.... Im trying to get hold off the rear valence which is the very bottom left of this page clicky

And i Found this Exhaust on ebay.... Cheap I know..... but i only really want it for the look with the bumper... Has anyone had any experiences with these exhausts.... there feedback is weird...some say awesome....top quality...and some say build quality crap....so was just seeing whether any of you guys had dealt with them...

Look forward to your replies. :D

http://www.rieger-tuning.de/Modellshow/Volkswagen/Golf_4/RT_345.pdf

1 - 20 of 27 Posts