Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry - these are often posted but recently there has been a little bit of confusion for me. Firstly when I registered and you can choose your car in the drop down list - I chose the Golf IV 1.9 AHF 110 PS. But when I look now in my sticker in the book, it says my enginer code is ASV - but it isn't listed in the drop down menu.

Service receipts say my engine is the 150 - but VW have it down as the 110 on their computers. I understant the PD came out later anyway.
I have only a red i on the back. It does seem very fast for a 110, but VW say it is a 110. Also is it a PD engine?

Other things that may help in identification (taken from the sticker - sorry for random codes someone will probably know what they mean!)

WVWZZZ1J
1W279985 1J1 354

81KW 5-G

GOLF TDI HIGHL (What is highl?)

LW5Z--------------
EGS
RJ

It was first delivered on 25/09/2000.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't highline was associated with the MKIII VR6 (highline meant it came with a colour coded leather interior a bit like the MKIII GTI colour-concept)?! Not heard of a MKIV Highline though!

Found a page which implies that there are two 110 engines, niether are PD.

Hope this helps a tad [Y]

·
Registered
333 Posts
Highline is basically the gti spec on a not gti...... hence the gt tdi's look pretty much the same as a 1.8t....... I think its like the trim level down from gti in europe.....

·
Registered
632 Posts
My girlfriend has just bought a 130 Tdi highline bora and it is apparently a new trim level(high end).

You should if the golf is the same as the bora have heated leather,parking sensors and stuff like cruise and the multifunction steering wheel as standard.

·
Registered
333 Posts
No, they arent....all gt tdi's I believe, certainly at least the 115pd's onwards were highlines, and they were the standard sort of spec.....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I don't have cruise, I dont have heated seats, no traction control, no parking sensors and not even a spoiler!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well I don't have cruise, I dont have heated seats, no traction control, no parking sensors and not even a spoiler!
Those are optional extras on every Golf, bar the traction control which was standard fit from certain date.

Here in Europe we had Comfortline (I think!), Trendline, Highline and GTi trim levels, or something like that.

GTi was reserved for the 1.8T, 2.0 and PD150. Highline was the highest trim level with fully colour coded bumpers and door handles and some other bits (possibly 3 spoke leather wheel and gearknob, electric windows, heated mirrors etc) and was in fact a similar level to the GTi trim.

They were called differently purely for marketing reasons, GTi being the "sporty" variant.

I would suspect that most GT-TDIs and GTis in the Uk are either Highline or GTi trim, as you have your own S and SE trim levels.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Where do I find the information about the engine version from within the car?

I had to buy a fuel filter the other day and I kinda had to guess what engine I had, based on the engine size.

Imp

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look on the boot sticker in your boot, the same sticker is inside the front cover of your service schedule booklet.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Those are optional extras on every Golf, bar the traction control which was standard fit from certain date.

Here in Europe we had Comfortline (I think!), Trendline, Highline and GTi trim levels, or something like that.

GTi was reserved for the 1.8T, 2.0 and PD150. Highline was the highest trim level with fully colour coded bumpers and door handles and some other bits (possibly 3 spoke leather wheel and gearknob, electric windows, heated mirrors etc) and was in fact a similar level to the GTi trim.

They were called differently purely for marketing reasons, GTi being the "sporty" variant.

I would suspect that most GT-TDIs and GTis in the Uk are either Highline or GTi trim, as you have your own S and SE trim levels.
The 2.0 didn't have the GTi spec it too was Highline, thats what my boot sticker said. What we refer to as the MKIV 'GT' spec in the UK ie; the 2.0, the PD130 and earlier GT diesels was the Highline spec in mainland Europe. They had sports seats, avus I/II alloys, tinted rear lenses, color coding and sports steering wheel as the basic identifiers. You can see plenty of Highline spec cars in Spain which have 1.4 and 1.6 engines, so basically a 2.0 or a PD130 to look at with less of the go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts