Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

What else do I need ?

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  oxford 
#1 ·
After lurking around on these boards for a while and seeing the condition of some of the cars on here, Ive decided that it's time to attack my car! I've been to Halfords at the weekend and finally got rid of the christmas gift vouchers in exchange for some Meguiars stuff. I got the Quick Clay kit, Deep Crystal System Polish, Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax, a couple of Microfibre cloths and some of the Meguiars Applicator pads. I was just planning on using this lot along with some Autoglym shampoo. Is there anything else that I need or that anyone would recommend me using?

#9 ·
i am a new user to the forum i am picking up a new GT TDi in reflex and after reading this thread would appreciate advice on cleaning products. previously i have used (don't all laugh)turtle wax, wash & wax shampoo and wax it wet or autoglym polish as for meguiars or nxt i have never heard of until i found this forum

i would appreciate any info thanks

marlin[V]

#12 ·
thanks for info turbo went out yestaday to purchase the megs products but having tried several shops was unable to find so came back and had a look on net found all products for about ?26 is this a reasonable price and would you go for the gold class wax in paste or liquid

once i have polished and waxed the car how long would you leave it before rewaxing (usually every couple of months)

thanks again

marlin [:)]

#13 ·
I attacked the car yesterday with all of the products that I bought. The results were pretty good, but not as good as I had expected. The paintwork is now nice and smooth, but there doesn't seem to be any real depth in the shine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get better results?

#17 ·
Clearkote

VANILLA MOOSE WAX HAND GLAZE

To remove those "Spider Web Scratches" ?12.99

To remove scratches??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You mean hide them.........

Not knocking the product, just enlightening you....(thought you'd know better than that Oxford????

#18 ·
Just quoting the website! [:)]

Tis slightly missleading I agree with you... Hide would be better! [;)]

Hand [Glaze] / coating / covering [;)]

I got some poorboys SSr2, will see how I get on with that, I used some in testing and it was pretty good. I fear "A MOP" will be the only way to get it all out.

#19 ·
You'll never remove these, just hide them.

Arent we still waiting to see some pics of your ride squky ?? [:)]

Quote: posted by squky clean on 08/03/2005 11:10:14

Clearkote

VANILLA MOOSE WAX HAND GLAZE

To remove those "Spider Web Scratches" ?12.99

To remove scratches??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You mean hide them.........

Not knocking the product, just enlightening you....(thought you'd know better than that Oxford????

#21 ·
Quote: posted by oxford on 08/03/2005 21:56:12

When you getting back mate? you need to try some clearkote still [;)]

Got back yesterday, just waiting for my clearkote package to arrive, should be here anyday, just in time for the weekend [^]

This weeks gona be fun.

Today = JABBA Remapped & W8 light

Saturday = Clearkote session

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.