Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dead set on a miltek full system with a sports cat, does anyone know how this will sound, i have a standard 1.8t

I would love a lot of poping ect but i dont want excessive noise , or can anyone recommend another exhaust??

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have Milltek from the turbo back, Thats downpipe with sport cat, middle pipe and rear box and it sounds very nice when you stamp on the gas pedal, and when driving like granny it is no louder than stock item. [Y]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice, do you hear any popping at all? As i just adore it when you hear pop pop pop. If you dont mind me asking how much did u pay for it all ?? [:)]

·
Registered
730 Posts
No popping mate sorry , as for performance... Yes, definite improvement in performance when downpipe is fitted, not so much when rear box is fitted on it's own. 

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yer it has to be a full systme when it comes to exhausts, i might up for a different manifold to as this it wont increase my insurance as it comes under the exhaust system, do u think this could be worth it ?? [H]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
yer it has to be a full systme when it comes to exhausts, i might up for a different manifold to as this it wont increase my insurance as it comes under the exhaust system, do u think this could be worth it ?? [H]
Full system will set you back around ?700.

As for the manifold i wouldn't bother. VW made the mk4s good enough that it doesn't need changing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How long have you had your Milltek for, I had mine fitted about three weeks ago, and I find mine to be very boomy at motorway speeds, and as you put your foot down from say 30-40mph it makes a very loud drone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A mate of mine fitted it for me and had no pobs. It only has one big silencer at the back box and a straight through centre section and sounds sweet with a realy basey tick over and a noticeable performance increase. It even backfires. Overall I am impressed with the quality it powder coated stainless steel tubing and chrome back box with twin chrome square tailpipes.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Matt i think u jus swayed me to a remus system, its not 2 loud is it thou ? i dont wana by driving around a people to think i have gto sum clapped out chaved nova?!

If u dont mind me askin how much did it set ypu back ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts