Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

just put some 225/40's on em, haven't had em polished yet, my polisher is flat out, was going to put 215/40's on but wanted some comfort!, r32 front bumper, anni rear, anni spoiler and skirts next......

my local car supermarket has just taken an A8 in part ex, and has got a set of these on, i asked if they would sell the wheels, they said they were putting new replica rs4's and if i paid for the fitting of the tyres i could have em! so........... i'm looking for a black passat estate b5 to put em on!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
They look lie OE Audi A8 alloys so are 5x112 therefore requiring hub adapters. IIRC there was an add in golf+ a month or so ago about a company that have started making polished replicas that bolt straight on

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the comments guys,they are a8 monoblock classics i believe (i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong!), tsw have started making "reps" but look similar  (as in they are silver and round!) but no where near the same!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Very nice,though the angle of the picture makes the rear wheel look like a 15".

Then it could be the sunday morning syndrome.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Bar the centre cap i think they're pretty similar

Posted Image

They're TSW Holsten's if anyone is interested

sizes available

22x9
22x10
21x8.5
21x10
20x8.5
20x10
19X8
19x9.5
18x8
18x9

Bolt PatternFinish
5 Lug /Range
100-120
Chrome
Silver

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i suppose i could of put 215/40's on it and coilovers but tbh this is my town runaround, so needs to be practical, will lower it more "visually" with some oe skirts and r32 bumper very soon.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
they look great mate ive got a set of the audi monoblocks on my bolf
always have people comenting on them, they are a pig to polish from flat silver so good luck!

Posted Image

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tam, i owe it all to your bolf, i was parked about 2 cars over in the car park at donny this year (shite show btw!), and saw these on ebay and bought them for ?80!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
?80!!! u lucky sod mine cost me ?500 and then i had to get them pollished and refurbed, ive just been polishing mine 10 mins ago lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
i suppose i could of put 215/40's on it and coilovers but tbh this is my town runaround, so needs to be practical, will lower it more "visually" with some oe skirts and r32 bumper very soon.
so what suspension set up are you running at the moment, as your car is already looking flat and low enough in my opinion.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheers john, tbh i think so too, it's only a 25-30mm g&m spring kit from elite, was slightly pricey for springs at ?110, but the ride is very good, and the car is on it's 6th set of wheels, everything from 16"-19", never rubs, no driveshaft clearance probs, and can carry 5 with a boot full too, like i said i fancy a few subtle body mods, but i might start by colour coding the splitters to make the silver some down that bit more to make it seem closer, just a bit worried it might just look like i've had it painted and only masked the windows up! and i'm worried about flaking. we'll see, it's all about the evoultion, i don't want to do it all overnight, cos i'll sell it once it's done, i always do! (and i've already got 6 other cars too!) 

·
Registered
200 Posts
Can any wheel be polished up like this, and if you do it does it last or is it constant polishing. Like the ones on the Bolf, just waiting for some 17" TT style rims to arrive and fancied doing something nice to them??

·
Registered
90 Posts
they look sweeet.

i have an idea of how i could do them to go on my car.just need to find myself some for 80quid like u!!so lucky to find em that cheap

1 - 20 of 24 Posts