Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for a net optic or R32 style trim for the Golf, but realised they are quite pricey, a friend mentioned getting some 3M Di-Noc Carbon fibre vinyl and doing my own, i thought it might end up being a bit "Pikey" however im quite pleased with how its turned out.

Still got the side strips to do when i figure out how to remove them, all in all the cup holder and heater knob surround took about 30 mins and all you need is a stanley blade & hairdryer

here is some pics, what you think?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I did this myself before painting it at a later date its easy to apply....

peel off back and lay onto of the item your covering and use a heat gun or any form of heat and start to warm the surface it should begin to sag and become more easy to use and work with then trim and pull about just get it looking good and let it cool down .... jobs done lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh exactly what i did, better still i bought the A4 size sheet of vinyl from eBay for £3.75 with free postage!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
looking good.. done my a3 and bora over a year ago. bored of it now and went back to piano black and red leather.

you will wrap everything now mate. [Y]

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Looks good mate. I broke the clips on my side strips so there now stuck on with Silkaflex [paperbag]

Peter

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been on for a couple of years from when i last had a Golf, but now back again !

aRd i take it your name is Ray? Andy (ne auto tech) mentioned you do remapping?

·
Registered
772 Posts
i done the same on mine, also covers the door handle on drivers side and wooden insert of passenger. Good job though matey, shame about the carbon fibre pattern not going all the same way

·
Registered
183 Posts
i done mine last summer...really liked it done my key fob to but now im leaning more to the r32 look might change it this summer. good job thouogh mate looks good

·
Registered
135 Posts
these look really good for the price, how much of a pain is it taking all this stuff off?
everytime i get in the car i wonder because i've still got all that horrible layer of weird stuff on the top that scratches easy, really need to get it all off but its awkward when its in the car

1 - 20 of 40 Posts