Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Tried some Mcguires cleeaner and feed creme the other day, but it made them very slidy (steering wheel was a mare!) Its worn off abit now, but I'm going to go for Zymol next time I think? mmmmm coconuts!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
simch,

I've been using the stuff that VW sell, but the drivers seat has crack marks on the arms, and what I can't beleive is that my brother-in-law has v6 4 motion and he has the same leathers as me amd he has never used any cream on them, but got away without any cracks on them. I'm I using the wrong stuff???

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Not tried VW stuff. but make sure it is a feed and not a cleaner, cleaners alone will dry em out a bit.

Have a word with John Whittle on this site, he does Swissol stuff, and that's reckioned to be pretty god. they aslo do rejuvinator kits too!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
simch

I have been creaming them on a regular basis, cleaning them first and then feeding them with VW cream. I think that cream is good for soft leather only, but not for my seats.

Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Gliptone makes the leather smell like leather. I use leather food from a local source which is also kind to the stiching. The name is A&B leather food. Always used it on my previous Jaguars and it is not oily. You should be feeding leather seats every 3 months.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by GTI Turbo on 18/03/2004 16:46:31

I have been creaming them on a regular basis, cleaning them first

I hope you have also been cleaning them after!! [:D]

Its alright, I'm going! [:I]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 18/03/2004 17:05:13

Quote: posted by GTI Turbo on 18/03/2004 16:46:31

I have been creaming them on a regular basis, cleaning them first

I hope you have also been cleaning them after!! [:D]

Its alright, I'm going! [:I]

Cheeky!!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Sorry, I really couldnt resist!

Im currently using a Zymol cleaner then a conditioner though have this week ordered some Swissol Milk Feed after all the good feedback I have heard from it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 18/03/2004 20:47:52

Its not cheap at around ?20 but if it keeps the leathers looking good then it will be worth it.

Well i'm going through a few tubs of the VW cream, and that comes to about the same cost, so like you say it's worth it if the leathers look good. Where are the guys on here buying the stuff from?

Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by Irish on 19/03/2004 04:06:38

I'll be ordering the Swissol feed from John soon for the seats in my new car so I'll let you know too.

Irish,

Is John a member of the forum? or are you getting the stuff from somewhere else?

Cheers

·
Registered
521 Posts
GTI Turbo, I'm here........

Remember that you should feed the seats when they are warm, as then the grain of the leather is more open and the milk feed will be absorbed more easily.

I would try to avoid the 'one shot' products, as you can't really clean and feed at the same time. It should be done one after the other with products designed to do each job specifically.

If anyone want more info wrt individual products, please PM me.

John.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts