Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i love to ski, its so relaxing
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im 19 2 years no claims bonus, done a quote 'third party fire and theft' on a 1.8t golf and it came up with £1600, with a company called auto direct, there is one other one for £1300 but that company looks a bit.. 'shit' lol called quotea.co.uk, if anyone no's any cheaper companys or anything please let me no, many thanks, Ed.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Try Bell. i managed to get 1100 for fully comp, put both my parents on and it dropped it massively. give them ago. oh and by the way, this was for a 10 month accelerator policy which gives you 1 yrs no claims after 10 months [y]

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Yes nikijh but if your avatar has anything to do with it, you are female and we all know you pay half what us males do. No fair!!

[:p]

·
Registered
203 Posts
Maybe so, but insurance in general seem's to have jumped dramatically as of late, more so on under 21's, and females? Relative of mine, brought a ford ka, first car. Passed a year and swift wanted £1900 third party?

I can't wait till I'm 70, and counted as an experienced driver on the road so it's £50 a year...cause we all obvioulsy know that old Norris down the road is totally reliable behind the wheel...pah!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Im 21, 3 years NCB, 6 points, mods (lowered + wheels): £650 fully comp with Admiral 10 month bonus thing [Y]

O and thats on a mk4 2.0 GTi

·
Registered
122 Posts
18, first car so no NCB, 1.6 16v mk4, £1600 fully comp. With admiral, anyone care to enlighten me what i should expect to be paying to renew? providing i dont claim.

·
i love to ski, its so relaxing
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im payin about £1600 for my 1.9 gt tdi (115) with yrs ncb and driving a yr, but wen i renew my insurance for a 1.8t it shud be the same lol, well ive done some quotes on moneysupermarket

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
23, 2 years no claims, 3 points for an sp30, wheels, lows, exhaust declared.

£693 with admiral.

it was a lot higher but i added my dad and my gf to the policy and that took it down a couple of thousand [:O]

i played about for ages with excess and annual milage aswell before i got it down to £693. when i took the milage down from 15k to 14k i saved about £30. just dont go putting milage at a silly low, you might get away with driving a couple of hundred miles more than your stated milage but if u crash and have done something like double, the insurers might try to not pay you.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
18, first car so no NCB, 1.6 16v mk4, £1600 fully comp. With admiral, anyone care to enlighten me what i should expect to be paying to renew? providing i dont claim.
it might go down a couple of hundred but the way things are with the vat increase and insurers putting premmiums up it wont be that much. your best to shop around, insurers dont reward loyalty, they only want new customers so your best bet is to shop around. comparison sites can be good but you might find the same insurers give you cheaper quotes on their own site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts