Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
HMM I really like the silver MTM's... however What about going for something like mrkivs polished faces and black insides... or howabout a ball peaned finish like the BBS RC's fitted to the Annis... or even a black chrome as per the Civic Type R

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I took the wheels to the place today and wow, what a range of colours to choose from!

I'm leaning towards a metallic black...

For ?30 a wheel you get a them chemically stripped, prepared and powder coated/baked to 75micron thickness (thats thick!!) and finally lacquered. Bargain!

I should have them back end of next week [:)]

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Hi Stewart long time no speak, hows things?? :eek:)
Can you give me details of where you've taken your wheels to be coated as I'm going to have mine redone sometime soon. I'll post a pic later but my mk4 is black with grey BBS style rims
cheers matey,
Pat

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi m8, not bad thanks [:)]

Umm, the place is called TekCoat or something lol

It's on Poulton Industrial Estate in Poulton-le-Fylde.

I'm going there next week so i'll grab a card or something...

I've seen a set of wheels they did for a mate and they are spot on.

The guy was saying that this finish is more hard wearing than OEM as OEM is wet painted ?!?

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Great stuff, thanks mate. A quick Google search brought up the following:

Tec Coatings

Aldon Road

Poulton Industrial Estate

Poulton le Fylde

FY6 8JL

Lancashire

Tel: 01253 899699

Fax: 01253 899699

I will give them a shout and please post some pics up when you've got the rims back, cheers mate

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Argh, I could really do with some input on this please guys, i have to tell them what colour i want them tomorrow...

I want something different so dont really want silver but also dont
want it to look stupid which black wheels on a black car runs the risk
of being....

The colour swatch seemed to have most common metallics and i can only choose from the swatch...

The black metallic has quite a pronounced 'flake' in it...

Argh, decisions decisions

·
Registered
501 Posts
For what it's worth, been posted loads but I know what you're going through, I had loads of colours to choose from and it took me ages to decide fnally on this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Argh, I could really do with some input on this please guys, i have to tell them what colour i want them tomorrow...

I want something different so dont really want silver but also dont want it to look stupid which black wheels on a black car runs the risk of being....

The colour swatch seemed to have most common metallics and i can only choose from the swatch...

The black metallic has quite a pronounced 'flake' in it...

Argh, decisions decisions
Nout stupid here mate [:p]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pat, ive ordered mine in Dark Mettallic Grey Pearl but had to pay extra for the powder as its a rare colour, if you or others order then we'll all get it cheaper...

My wheels are costing ?30 each plus ?80 to go halves on the powder with the owner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts