Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beyond the mark v Golf R32, what would be your next step up? Say in the 30-40k bracket new?

And what are your aspirations from there, right upto 80-120k if you could afford those?

There are alot of 'aspirational' cars like the Audi TT which have become hairdressers cars IMO and are owned by every 30 something these days (and NEVER driven fast!)

Does the Bmw z4 fall into this same hairdresser category, like the z3 certainly does?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If given a free range there are so many cars I would like, but realistic dream cars are: my main goal would be a CLS class Merc, then a Porsche Cayenne, or a nice big engined 5-Series BMW.

Realistic next cars would be an old shape 5 Series Sport, or (and I know they are not the best car, but I love the looks) a 1 Series BMW probably a 120d.

If I won the lottery, it would be Astons, Ferraris but mostly a Maserati Quattroporte (again not the best car but wow what a looker and what a noise, and if you win the lottery then you can let your heart rule your head to your hearts content)

And Z4s my missus is looking to get one to replace her Streeka, and I don't care if I look like a hairdresser driving it but I can't wait!

What are your choices?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I have absolutely no desire for the mk5 R32 whatsoever. Maybe its because of the "joy" i've experienced with this car's build quality but its really put me off.

For 30-40k, I'd go for a 535d

Not sure about 80-120...would be quite happy to stick with 60K for an M5...or even an RS4 if ?60K was my upper limit

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If given a free range there are so many cars I would like, but realistic dream cars are: my main goal would be a CLS class Merc, then a Porsche Cayenne, or a nice big engined 5-Series BMW.

Realistic next cars would be an old shape 5 Series Sport, or (and I know they are not the best car, but I love the looks) a 1 Series BMW probably a 120d.

If I won the lottery, it would be Astons, Ferraris but mostly a Maserati Quattroporte (again not the best car but wow what a looker and what a noise, and if you win the lottery then you can let your heart rule your head to your hearts content)

And Z4s my missus is looking to get one to replace her Streeka, and I don't care if I look like a hairdresser driving it but I can't wait!

What are your choices?
I honestly dont know what id buy beyond what i want currently - either a mark 5 gti or R32 golf!

I like the Bmw 6 series a great deal and they are around 60k new, so could get one for 30-40, but then I always viewed Bmws as grandad cars to a degree!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
, but then I always viewed Bmws as grandad cars to a degree!
I'd agree if you'd said that about Jags...or to an extent Mercs ( although I wouldn't say no to the CLS either ) but BMWs ?[*-)]
Well Jaguars certainly yeah, the bmw 6 series looks great, not sure on the Z4, or on the M3

Im honest about not having the greatest knowledge about cars though, so feel free to post pics and specs to change my mind, or show me, as that's why i made this thread really!

·
Registered
59 Posts
at around the 30k mark, a 330d (that's what I went for!), above that a nice Merc (CLS) or Jag (S type R, XKR), or a 535d Sport Touring.....

More expensive still, no idea - no chance I'll ever have one so why worry! I do aspire to have the ones above one day....

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've left the VW fold 2 weeks ago - sold the Bora...

Got a Mazda MPS - better value, better customer service, better build and reliablity than the VWs we have had in the family.

If I had ?30+ it would be a 335d

Inaam

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
?30K plus.... BMW 335d coupe, red with black leather please

?40-50K plus.... Audi RS4 Avant, red with black recaro leather and a trip to see the guys at MTM for a few tweaks...[;)]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
There's soooo many dream cars that I'd need to win the lottery for. I've always dreamed of having a Porsche 911, I just love them so that would be a definate lottery car for me. If I had the money a Noble to go with it, a Koeniggsegg (sp?) and a classic '67 Mustang.

Realistically, I would have a new shape Honda Civic, or I'd love an Audi A3 or S3, and despite hairdresser comments, I do like the TT and would have one.

For the 30k mark, a nice BMW 330d or a Merc CLK (? - the 2 seater ones!) - how much are they anyway? dont really know, or a Lexus IS

Or a Nissan 350Z...
Honda S2000...
Ford GT40...
Jag XK

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
?Well Jaguars certainly yeah, the bmw 6 series looks great, not sure on the Z4, or on the M3. im honest about not having the greatest knowledge about cars though, so feel free to post pics and specs to change my mind, or show me, as that's why i made this thread really!
If this makes you an old man, bring on the slippers!
?30-?40k... BMW 335 Sport when its launched or a used M3
?80k.. Aston V8, new 911 C4S or Lambo Gallardo (1 year old)
?120K... I think I would have one of each of the above?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
30 to 50k Audi RS4 avant, Used RS6?

50 to 80k Jaguar XKR with R spec options, the BIggest brakes youve ever seen, or used Ferrari 575

80 to 120k Ferrari 430 Or Aston Martin

120k and over one of these a FErrari Superamerica, the coolest roof of all time

Posted Image

·
Registered
384 Posts
20 - 30k - VW Phaeton (Used - this car is like a flying spur with a VW badge on it) or a Maserati 3200 GT

30 to 50k - Audi RS4 (Used - spend some of the deprication money on fuel)

50 to 70k - Aston Martain Vanquish (Used - theres one on the trader for ?
69,950)

70 to 90k - Lamboghini Gallardo (Used) or a Used Audi S8

90 to 120k - Bentley Continental Flying Spur

120k (If i had unlimited money) - Buggatti Veyron or a Pagani Zonda

im staying away from BMW and MB as they are a bit too common....esp. in the asian community (not being racist - sorry 2 offended people)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts