Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
too much of a risk buying an impreza that old...... Engines are prone to going bang on early models.

They are very very quick though... faster than the newage sti impreza's

My00 impreza turbo
0-60 = 5.6
0-100 = 15.8
1/4mile = 14.3

get the PPP pack fitted an you'll be seeing 0-100 in the low 12's and 0-60 in the low 4's

I considerd swapping my 1.8t for one, but too much of a risk. You be shelling out the best part of 4k for an engine rebuild if it went pop (and on a car that old its likely!)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats it ... i am liking that BUT its the risk of the engine going POP not bothered about other running costs.

however i do feel that to get a good scooby, that some chavtastic knob hadnt wragged even at that age i would have to fork out alot more than 6k

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
however i do feel that to get a good scooby, that some chavtastic knob hadnt wragged even at that age i would have to fork out alot more than 6k
maybe another 2k for an absolute minter..... but 6k should buy you a good one.

Big Risk though !!

The bugeye's can be picked up for between 7/10k. More reliable...... but not as quick and its god damn ugly.... compared to the blobeye version (2003>2005)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My thinking is....

i love the 4motion as it is all modded up... But i feel like a change ... really badly.

Now i want an R32 but due to other commitments (new business and still paying for my wedding) i cant take on anymore finace for 12 months.

So I am thinking of selling the 4motion now for say 6k and just changing to an equaivalent value car for the next 12 months so I get the change.... and coming back to a low mileage R32 will feel even better than just jumping up from the 4motion.

Mike idea about the Seat howveer i am really getting past the small hot hatch bug, my brothers just got a clio 182 and they just do nothing for me anymore.

The M3 is an Idea although I hate Beemers with a vengenace... but isnt the Vanos an expensive problem on high mileage/cheap ones?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Octavia VRS or a Toyota Celica. Or, if you can handle the smallness of it, Clio 182.
as said above My bro has just got a 182 and its crap... the 306 gti6 it replaced was a far better car...

If I change I really want to stay away from VAG just so i can have a change.. i will buy a lowish mileage R32 next year so whatever i buy needs to be completely different.

Top of the list would be an Accord Type R ... BUT I have already had one of them... so what else?? is there in the world of bargain basement performance cars.

The policemans favourite the Vectra GSI is also appealing (3.2 V6 220 bhp and fast as... ) But 3 of mates already have them!!!

Think I may need to think outside the box on this one!!!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The imprezza bugeye looks good as does the audi A6 ........

MM my car maybe in the classifieds sooner than i thought.... You guys are doing too good a job of selling me out of a mk4

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The imprezza bugeye looks good as does the audi A6 ........

MM my car maybe in the classifieds sooner than i thought.... You guys are doing too good a job of selling me out of a mk4
MM just seen the Bugey is a cat D could be a pain to reseel or hack in against an R

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.