Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to build up an idea of what kind of cameras people are using on the site. Please use this thread to detail what camera you have and maybe add a few comments plus a link to some pics/gallery? Ideally I'd like to avoid having images posted directly as theres plenty other threads for that [:)]

I'll start the ball rolling:

Canon Powershot S50
5mp
Review here - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons50/

I'm reasonably happy with this camera. Out of the box point-and-shoot wise, its good although the 2 second delay from opening the shutter to taking an picture can be a bit labourious. The thing I find with this camera is needs lots of light, especially if you're choosing to shoot in Auto mode. The Auto white balance s election does compensate for some lighting, but not all.

Now I've taken more of an interest in photography, I'm fast finding the limits of what it can do so may be upgrading in the near future.

Gallery of my most recent images taken with this camera can be seen here - http://www.uk-mkivs.net/photos/tabs/default.aspx

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
I use a Canon EOS 20D with Tamron 28-300mm f3.5-6.3 lens. Not the best lens, but it's a hangover of a panicky week before my holiday last year when my trusty Olympus OM1n packed up.

I 'hope' to buy a Canon 100-400mm image stabilised at some time, with a 10-22mm Canon for landscapes etc.

Still have my now-working OM1n with gorgeous 50mm f1.4 and winder. Mainly an ornament now though.

Also an 1950s German folding roll film camera, original Olymus Mju and a Panasonic compact digi.

By the way, anyone out there still using a film slr....... just go digital right now. It improves you and your photos no end.

Tony

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Just treated myself to a Canon 350d with 17-85 IS USM lens and 1GB Sandisk CF card. When funds allow I will buy a larger zoom.

Very pleased with the results I'm getting "point and shoot"; I haven't started to explore what it can do yet.

I have also kept my Sony DSC-P12 5MP.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have had my Fuji S7000 for just over a year now an I have to say I'm very impressed with it, I got it for honeymoon (Dubai and Maldives) which we got back from just over a month ago. I usually use it on auto and the pictures are really good, however I've started to experiment with the manual option and I got some truely amazing photos from the Maldives (at least I think so), I'll try to post some later.

Review here

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ermm, the Canon A60 (2mp) that i bought about 3 years back[:$]

It actually does the job and has been a great little camera, but I notice now when i sue the zoom, it seems to be producing out of focus shots. Might just be grit somewhere (he say's knowing full well it's probably had it!)

Wish I had the funds for some good kit, but can't justify it just now.

Or can i?

·
Registered
895 Posts
My photographic outfit:

Nikon D70 Body

Nikon AF-D 80-200mm f/2.8

Nikon AF-S 18-70mm f/3.5-4.6 DX

Comments:

This is a great camera for the price although it has already been superceded by the newer and improved D70S. This is my first D-SLR and before this, I had a Nikon 35mm SLR camera (F80) and so the D70 was the obvious choice, making it compatible with my existing lenses. I have enjoyed photography for years now but really just started to get into motorsport for the past year or so through a few good industrial contacts I have met. I enjoy photography as a hobby and am hoping to take it more seriously should the circumstances arise in the near future, you never know! The 80-200 is my main lens - fast enough for handheld and decent enough for me to keep. The large aperture of f/2.8 on this lens really does help for those time-critical shots.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've got:

Nikon D1 camera body (digital SLR)

Nikon F5 Camera body (film SLR)

Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8

Nikkor 28-70mm f2.8

Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8

Nikkor 300mm f2.8

Nikon SB28 speed light (film camera flash)

Nikon SB28DX speed light (digital flash)

+ battery pack

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I have a Canon EOS 300D with the following lenses - 18-55mm, 35-80mm,
75-300mm. All are Canon lenses. The camera is excellent and now
replaced by the smaller but higher specced EOS 350D. The lenses aren't
great though and I shall be replacing these with Tamron lenses at some
point.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Posted Image

Just a FujiFilm F440 compact if I recall correctly, does me as I'm a complete amateur [;)]

Review Here

All of my GTI photos have been taken with it, they can be viewed here

It's a great camera for day to day, however the darker it gets the harder it is to use [:)]

C

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Canon Ixus 400

Bought it as learning camera before I go to the heavy SLR stuff.
It performs well and not too fiddly. The only annoying feature is
the sudden low battery indicator - it doesn't countdown the power.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a Canon EOS300D a couple of canon lenses to go with it, a
90-300mm lens and the standard 27-80mm one that it came with. Looking
to purchase other accessories when funds allow eg. filters and
potentially an image stabilising lens.

Found good results when using it for motorsport events, and also the
point and shoot that I've been mostly using it for. will explore the
more advanced features when the weather gets better!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Havent got one yet but like the look of this sony m1,

[*]Sony 5 Megapixel effective CCD image sensor
[*]Carl Zeiss "folded" 3x Zoom (38-114mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
[*]Magnifying Glass Mode for photos as close as 1cm
[*]Still Image: 2592x1944, 2592x1728(3:2), 2048x1536, 1600x1200, 640x480
[*]MPEGMovie 4TV (MPEG4): 640x480 or 320x240 w/stereo audio at 30fps or
320x240 at 1

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 82 Posts