Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a d3100 yesterday but I have no bag to put it in

At the moment I've just got the kit lens but its my aim to buy another lens next year..

So i need a bag....any recommendations appreciated please [Y]

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Everyone will of course suggest their own camera bag as being the best and the one you should buy,which is of course wrong[:(].So not to break with tradition I've got a Lowepro and it really is the best ever,so I reckon you should get one[:DD].

Case logic are ok at best,as are Tamrac and Crumpler are up there with Loweepro high on the goodness scale.

http://www.lowepro.com/intl

Chris.

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
You need to think how far you're going to go with this hobby. If one body, two lenses and a few sundry items is the max, then your choice is much eSier than if you become a gadget freak with two lenses for every situation! I've two bags, a small Lowepro backpack for the usual say stuff, and a big Tamrac Expedition 7x (?40, thanks to warehouseexpress balls up!) that can carry everything including tripod and lappy. The Tamrac is very comfortable, which is important when it's fully loaded. The Lowepro was cheap, customised by removing most straps, and heavily abused. Take a look in a shop. They're all good enough for something!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - am sure I'm not going to be a serious serious hobbiest (?) but I don't want to damage it. Have just got a Lowepro one - a tenner off in the sale and quite compact.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have a bag but tend not to use it too often when out and about, I use one of the sling straps that go across your body and mounts to the tripod mount at the bottom of the camera, much easier for access to the camera quickly and more comfortable than a bag, I hardly notice I'm wearing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts