Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
A lot of this is down to peoples rollers... I've spoken to several tuners and been advised that 220 bhp is the absolute max, then there are other tuners that reportedly give 240 ish. If you are boosting to around 13psi at around 6k rpms then i would imagine you will be seeing around the 220 ish mark. As for torque that is down to the peak boost really... over 240 is the norm up to around 270. Tho on the larger port head of the AGU you struggle to make as much as the later smaller port dbw engines.

Since adding the MBC to my revo set up with a KO3s on my AGU i have been getting much more power up top due to the car holding boost better. I havnt had it on the rollers recently, but it used to be 202bhp on the older turbo at stealth racinbg. It is definatley faster and quicker tho as for a figure i wouldnt care to guess.

Try to find out your boost levels and also try on some other rollers, thats my advice. But all in all if you are happy with the results don't worry about figures.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Seems ok to me dave, i made 220bhp/220lbsf on the same rollers. Only differences i have to your car is 3' GHL downpipe/sports cat, samco hoses, samco TIP and forge SMIC. Thats running at around 15psi.

Roll on big turbo [;)]

·
Registered
811 Posts
I thik what you're expeiencing is the rollers being a little less generous than some others.... with a 20 psi spike i would imagine on some rollers you might see about 260lb/ft?

Sounds fine to me matey, so long as it drives well and is nice and quick eh?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
was the astra at wallace for its dastek? it seems to be a bit better than before! i cant stop it spinning right through second in the dry and third in the wet!!! lol its not good on the tyres! im getting new ones on fri

·
Registered
126 Posts
got mine done at jabba a week ago 1998 agu, ko3s, jabba induction kit, and got 225bhp. im guessing you would get at least 235bhp as you have the full exhaust system. i have lost top end speed, on the rollers it said 132mph i used to get alot more than that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts