Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one give me a rough idea what my original diamond cut RS4 alloys are worth they are 18" and are a 32 off set they have had the edge of the rim machined and polished.They also come with brand new centre caps and have both VW and Audi badgesI may sell with tyres but most probably not as I will need them if I change my wheels.3 are very good condition and one has slight kerbing that if I was keeping them I would get refurbed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anybody bother to read posts on this site.It appears more members answer the posts themselves than any one giving advice.I have viewed several threads and people looking for basic advice get ignored why is this ?

I just think its poor when you get threads with 50+ views but no one has the time to reply to other members threads.

Anyway thats my moan.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Carm Down there , its been like 16 hours since ya posted this up and .....as ya prob know forum time in evenings cant always be had with this good weather ......

give it a day or two and in sure someone will give ya an answer .....

trying to keep up with wheel prices is a nightmare ....considering how often they change , have ya considered phoning a wheels dealer and askin

how much would blah blah blah cost me .......they will be able to help and ya can work it out from that

if i knew i would say how much but i dont so im afraid i cant help

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi m8

Its not just this post its a lot of posts on here.I know it takes time to reply to threads but I have noticed a lot get ignored.I am a co owner of a car based web site and I feel on our site most members post a simple reply to be courteous rather than ignore people who are looking for advice.

Maybe my post was a bit harsh but there is genuine members on here who need peoples expertise but get ignored.Crazy realy as members who have a wealth of knowledge on here should be proud to help out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have to agree with you I'm afraid ****.

I have posted before and and have replied to myself sinply because no one replied, I found the answers out and put replies so it can help out others in the future.

Take for instance the kerbed how to thread, I asked a couple of weeks ago if anyone knew the part number for the spray as my local dealer had no knowledge of it. Yet again no reply :(

In regards to your wheels I will be putting my 18" RS4's on ebay bought them in March and would be hoping to get around ?300 for them, cost ?460 new.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Total agree where ya coming from , ive been on here about 18 months or so and normaly there is a good reply to most threads that are enquirey related .....i tend to use the search function alot , and that normaly sorts my probs out ,

There is a fair amount of Knowledge on this forum and norm advise is always given

it prob due to people away on their hols or busy organising events ,

whats ya prob find it , it will be read , but if they dont know they will leave it to someone who can give ya a honest anwser

with people looking at the thread it will still be high in the active topics and when some one does know the answer it will get answered ....[:D]

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think (he says jumping on the thread) that people do try to help out when they know the answers.

I know I always try to help in areas where I know what I'm talking about - I actually enjoy it - and I know there are quite a few other members that are always posting. That said, people do have lives outside the forum and there are quite a few basic questions that I've seen that I've answered for myself with the "search" function.

I'm not having a go at you or anyone else who might want to ask a question, I completely agree that the knowledge on this forum is unparalleled and should be shared around. But people do have to try to help themselves too. Even if nobody replies to your exact question, anyone has the ability to search through similar questions that have been answered in the past. I usually do this before asking - show a little willing in self-help and all that...

All of that said, I'm afraid I can't help at all on the Alloys question... sorry about that...

Ciao...

Adrian.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
You're implying that people read the threads and if they know the answer, they don't reply on purpose because they cant be bothered.
Now how ridiculous that sound?

If that isn't the case then perhaps they are not replying because they don't know the answer. In any case some thing like "how much are my wheels worth" is very subjective.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
More to the point, there's a "For Sale" forum on the site.

Instead of this thinly-disguised advert, why not write some text, get some pictures, and put up a proper advert?

Really ticks me off when folk post and go "Why aren't you lazy sods answering my question?" How about looking at completed listings on ebay? Old adverts on here? Or is it easier to sit and whinge that nobody is doing it all for you?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Basic replies are better than nothing .Look through the threads newer members ask basic questions and get no replies.Even if its sorry dont know or some one will be along soon to help.That is better than nothing.I cant believe some posts get ignored after 50+ viewings tbh.

And reference the subjective thread of my wheels Its not just this thread but many others.People asking for very basic advise and no replies.I and some others feel unless its a big turbo conversion thread you go un noticed.Yes I have gained knowledge and friendship on here but some subjects fall on deaf ears.

You lot have the knowledge to help old and new members on here so its always nice to see help arrive.Also its threads that are saved for future problems that may pop up.

And reference thinly-disguised advert and sitting and whinging its far from the truth.Iam asking a basic question not selling as yet so why put in the for sale section.

Anyway thats my opinion and the way I feel.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Absolute tosh. If some one reads it and knows the answer it will get answered, simple as.

The only possible reason you see so many unanswered posts is because they soon get bumped off the first page or two of active topics and I'm sure not many people read all the active pages since they last logged on.

EDIT: IMO your question is not a basic one as there is a vast range of wheels available and no price guides available. You have described them as "original" RS4's. AFAIK the Golf was never originally fitted with RS4 wheels. So if they are "original" then they must be from an Audi which may not fit the Golf without adapters therefore making them less common on a Golf forum and more difficult to price.

If they are not genuine then new replicas can be had for around ?500. HTH

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok you have your opinion I have mine.

At the end of the day I wanted a bit of advise and that was all.The advise you have just given is all i wanted. And yes they are Audi and yes they are original and yes they are golf fitment.

At least my thread was answered [:D]

And thanks for the pms

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So repeatedly bumping this thread on the busiest part of the forum got them sold?

Good for you. Now go away.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
havent read all this if some one has already answered you, but anyway.

i sold my old set of 18" dia cut rs4s with 3/4 worn toyo t1s tyres for ?450 deliverd i belive it was (possible ?420)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shtu that was not my intention to bump the thread and for your information read the post I did not say I was selling only asking advise on maybe selling .And reference going away lol touchy touchy . The bit in your post about me selling them ,I have not sold them and the pms were offering advice on prices etc.

Andy thank you for a positive response on value this was all I required from this thread .

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
IMO there used to be a lot more answers to questions about 2-3 years ago. However, I believe that since then a couple of things have happened:

1. A lot of the helpful people have moved on, either to other cars or just don't visit the forum as much.

2. People have become fed up with the same "basic" questions being asked repeatedly when a quick search would have thrown up some answers.

I've also found that some people don't even bother to answer PM's when I know full well from other posts that they are in a position to respond to my question. So I'm afraid that you are pretty much on your own and you should regard any answers you get as a bonus.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Shtu that was not my intention to bump the thread and for your information read the post I did not say I was selling only asking advise on maybe selling .And reference going away lol touchy touchy . The bit in your post about me selling them ,I have not sold them and the pms were offering advice on prices etc.

Andy thank you for a positive response on value this was all I required from this thread .
No worries, good luck with selling them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.