Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these two different styles? Just as importantly where is the best (cheapest) place to get them from?

Im guessing the top ones are anni lights?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Which ones do people prefer?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Tim that's right, the first set are Anni lights - the second set are 'Joey' modded.

VagParts is probs your best bet for Anni lights. I got a mint nearside one yesterday very cheap from a scrapyard. regards, Pat

·
Registered
83 Posts
from what i have seen its where you split the lens from the headlight and do it yourself?

feel free to correct me?

·
Registered
371 Posts
the second ones you can buy from vw speed @ ?144 ,they advertise them as anni style lights, but there is much more black in the ones they sell, i would imagine the proper anniversary ones are dearer.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
To be perfectly honest, i've never really been that keen on Anni headlamps, but there's just something about the whole look of that front end that makes them so much more attractive to me now! [:p]

What kind of grill is that hiding under the bonnet btw? Never seen one of those before! [:$]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
To be perfectly honest, i've never really been that keen on Anni headlamps, but there's just something about the whole look of that front end that makes them so much more attractive to me now! [:p]

What kind of grill is that hiding under the bonnet btw? Never seen one of those before! [:$]
I suspect from the look of the chav bumper, thath its actually a standard grille blended into the bumper. it looks like they have blended some chavness to the bottom of the stndard bumper too.[:(]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

I think that it is part of the bump, and I think it is the same one that Whiteboy has on his Bora (with a Golf front end). I'm sure their are a couple of photos from GTI International you could look at

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
forget the ones from VW speed....they are complete and utter rubbish. i ordered a set and when i opened the box the units were moving around like hell and loads of the black paint on the inners had flaked off. the internals were all knackered too. sent them right back and bought myself some proper OEM anni ones.

·
Registered
282 Posts

I suspect from the look of the chav bumper, thath its actually a standard grille blended into the bumper. it looks like they have blended some chavness to the bottom of the stndard bumper too.[:(]
I think its a Rieger bumper, the one slat grill comes as part of the bumper. I don't like it really, but don't know if it can be classed as chav? Rieger's not exactly wings west!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

I think its a Rieger bumper, the one slat grill comes as part of the bumper. I don't like it really, but don't know if it can be classed as chav? Rieger's not exactly wings west!
Sorry to disagree, but I quiet like those bumpers, especially when theres a great big Front Mount Intercooler sitting behind.[:)][:D][:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

Sorry to disagree, but I quiet like those bumpers, especially when theres a great big Front Mount Intercooler sitting behind.[:)][:D][:D]
Actually, Looking again, its the dodgy badboy extension, and the black lower lip extension that make it look chav. the bumper itself is ok.[Y]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Actually, Looking again, its the dodgy badboy extension, and the black lower lip extension that make it look chav. the bumper itself is ok.[Y]
I think you are 100 % correct there.....

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually like the whole of the front end. Its not OEM & im not saying I prefer it, but if I was going down the non OEM route this is how the front of my car would look! Each to their own though.

Saying that, I think the skirts are poo [;)]

Heres a pic of the whole car, its a guy from VWvortex.

Posted Image

Anyway, wheres the cheapest place to get Anni lights from?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts