Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forum so hello guy's

What rims shall i get for my 2000 golf 1.6 SE

I was just wondering what alloys you guys are using and what sizes they are and if u have any pics can i see em [:D]. Also if ur car is lowered how much are you lowerd, have you used just lowering springs or a full suspension kit.

Also what alloys are these :

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Im new to the forum so hello guy's

What rims shall i get for my 2000 golf 1.6 SE

I was just wondering what alloys you guys are using and what sizes they are and if u have any pics can i see em [:D]. Also if ur car is lowered how much are you lowerd, have you used just lowering springs or a full suspension kit.

Also what alloys are these :

They're axis supermesh i think (discontinued). I had a set of axis once and they corroded into crap and the laquer all peeled off. I took them back and told them not to bother getting me another set.

Baz

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thought i'd join in, i've got 18" Ace 132's, they are a nice look'in wheel BUT , i have a worming effect on the polished rim, they are 22months old.

The wheels in your pic look the biz.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I have 17" OZ Superleggeras, with 40mm drop. I only have springs though! [:(] Would advise you to go for either a proper suspension kit (springs and shocks) or coilovers! [Y]

Posted Image

p.s. I think you should go for BBS LM's and slam it! [:D]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heres mine

Lowered 35mm just on springs with 17" Audi S3's

Planning on going to coilovers as soon as i get the cash together though

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Here's mine lowered 35mm with a Koni Sports suspension kit (shocks & springs) - highly recommended [Y]

Wheels are 18" Audi A8 replicas

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am running as of Saturday 18" Akuma alloys.

Posted Image

I had 18" Anniversary BBS Volkswagen alloys on it before but i though i needed a change. They are for sale if anyone is interested I have pictures i will add them when i get home later

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok Cheers for the info guys

Yeah ive heard that running on just springs can cause problems and i like the sound of coilovers. Cheers for the info on the rims i really like them.

Also has anyone every herd of puttin thinner tyres on your rims so it gives it a stretched look ? i think it looks good and would do it but are there any disadvantages of it ?[^o)].

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hiya, im running 235/35/19s the Audi A8 Replica's, choice was preference for looks and not so much handling, although i havnt experienced any handling problems and it handles brilliant.

g1

·
Registered
123 Posts
Im running 18" Toora T950's on koni sport springs and shocks. Handles great!!!

They will soon all be refurbished in gloss black!

Posted Image

·
Registered
621 Posts
8x18 BBS RC shod in 225/40/18 Goodyear F1 Eagle's

Lowered -35mm on Eibach springs using standard shocks and with a 15mm spacer.

Will be getting coilovers when funds allow though [:D]

Posted Image

Carl

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum GolfMk489!

I have recently upgraded to a set of 18" Oz Ultraleggeras, which sit very well with my Koni FSD and Eibach prokit springs (30mm drop). Not the best pic (I need to take some more), but you get the idea;

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 26 Posts