Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just recieved a very annoying email from elephant. i declaired the springs i had fitted and the w8 light to be on the safe side, thay have charged me £148 for this mod!!!!

springs were only £55 and w8 with leds £60. what a joke.but if you think about it its a £14k car and i dont want to lose that for the sake of £140.

i want to swear so badly but dont want to get told off by the mods.aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggg

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
i don't see why having a subtle interior light mod would cost you extra...beside you shouldn't have declared it. time to take your business elsewhere mate. this's simply crazy.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have just written a very polite but snotty letter declairing my unhappiness and that i am starting to look else where.i was advised by my brother who is a lawyer to declair both mods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd do what LiQuOrIcE says & tell them you'll remove it, In my case if it was ever pulled up I'd play ignorant & say it was like it when I bought the car.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are vw springs.they are the same as the old ones and dont look brand new.dont want to do anything dodgy.in my job position it is froun upon if you get caught.you cant really play ignorant against an insurer.you wont win.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I cant believe you declared the W8 mod, thats just daft. Tell them youve removed it, no point covering something so stupid

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mate,

Charging £60 for something that will cost half that to replace is just not cricket. Chances are it'll never be damaged in a knock as its on the ceiling, only a fire would realistically damage/destroy it & then no one would be able to tell it was a mod anyway!

How do these insurance people sleep at night... Oh year, on big piles of our cash!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys

i know its daft guys.i am just covering my backside.in my job i can get shafted for lying and stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in similar posistion Job wise... Still wouldn't have declared the w8 light though [;)] You in the law enforcement game to?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Try greenlight insurance, they really know what they're talking about.

You wouldn't be lying not declaring the light, IMO it's ridiculous that they can charge for something like this, a mod is a change of wheels/suspension/bodykit, not a light!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
look guys please. IMO i declaired the light to cover MY backside in case anything happened. i know it is very unlikely that the light would invalidate my insurence.but i did nt want to take that risk.i would rather spend £140 than lose my £14k car.i needed peace of mind.as people said in earlier posts it was the springs that would be 99% of the £140. what people say on this site is great and i value every member in helping me to get more out of my car but what you guys say here will not back me up in court. i will try green light insurence thanks for gving there name david.

ps i am sorry if i sound annoyed but i am going through a tough time with the other half.especially as i have been posted to the other end of the country during her week off.sorry

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I see where your comming from. Liverpoolvictoria dont charge you for mods, just ask proof of them, pics, receipts etc. just a thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Might change from Elephant or at least get some other quotes for my car inc mods based on this thread...

Ian, I'm also an officer of her majesty's (Gimme a pay rise Lizzie) services.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not a member of the armed forces mate, I'm a C&E officer. Not sure what it's equivilant to in the air force but I get to stay in the officers quarters if we train at army barracks.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts