Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I would take a new TT any day over an EOS,saw a red one for the first time on the road the other day and they look great.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
TT!

I test drove an EOS, and didn't think that much tbh. Plus it feels so drab inside, feels like any Golf. Not special enough by a long shot. Plus VW dealers are absolute crap!

sitting inside a TT makes u wanna own one, wonder what they are like to drive?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
TT every time for me!

sitting inside a TT makes u wanna own one, wonder what they are like to drive?
Absolutely fantastic mate! had a 2 hour demo drive in a new TT last week, had originally booked the 2 wheel drive 2.0T version but the valeter had dissapeared in it so they chucked me the keys to a FULLY specced up 3.2 DSG Quattro!! [:D]

So special just to look at and sit inside imo and the actual drive is just as good, i want one badly......

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
tt for me , but only seen an eos on road and was well impressed with its looks, but i hate all those coupe cabriolet thingys

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have not seen the new TT, but i like the EOS and far more practical, so i would say EOS.  Plus i like to be different!  However i would go for Diesel.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I've had a couple of extended test drives in the EOS and really like it. Lovely to drive, handles really nicely, light and direct with a lot of poke from the 2.0T, and you have the option of getting the top down.

Been to have a look at the new TT and typical Audi the interior is a work of art. Thing is I'm not sure about the looks, from some angles it works but from others it looks all wrong.

So I would say it depends what your parents want, if they want just a coupe then the TT if they want a drop top then it has to be the EOS. The EOS is also a lot more practical out of the 2.

J.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Hated old TT. Really like new TT. And when you price it up it seems like an awful lot of car for the money. £23k ish for the 2.0T, well equipped, then add on a few choice extras like reasonably priced Sat Nav (£530) etc...and you've got a pretty decent package.

The Eos...well I guess I just wished it looked like the concept. The road going version is a bit, dare I say it, girly. It also strikes me as very expensive for what it is; I was pricing one up for a colleague, and on PCP I could get her an A4 1.8T Cabrio for £299/mo. The 2.0 Eos was £379/mo...and the 1.6 was £310/mo...

·
Registered
890 Posts
TT any day of the week, not seen one on the road yet, but they look far nicer from photos, and the EOS looks horrendous in the colours i've seen out and about!

If they plump on the TT - get some photos posted!! [:p]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
i saw an eos at the dealer the other day, and i know what you mean, its a bit feminine, but i'm sure we could change that! lowered bbs etc....

but a new tt drove past a couple of days ago in jet so shiny black with new fanned rs4 style 18's and look absolutley stunning

1 - 17 of 17 Posts