Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Feck man ! oh dear, hope you get it sorted quick.

We don't seem to be having much luck recently ! It might be on the turn as I've found an engine [:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[:'(]

no we not having much luck are we

the pedal bit came away , but they tried to sort it but it keeps coming away and its realy stiff trying to push it

plus i was told by some one who drove it that the clutch was on its way ( that was a week ago ) and now its happened

im hoping to get it done under warrenty as ive only had it 9 months we shall see total millage on the clock is 67000

i wouldnt wana be the person sitting opposite the desk when i walk in tommorow

just dreading what they quote if i do have to end up paying for it [:(]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Jason, That picture is so sad[:(]

Hope mine never goes on one of those things..

Give em some stick in the morning mate and i hope you get a good result..

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i cetainly will give um hell

ive just spent several hours going throu my paper work , to no joy

all i can come up with is

i have a years comprehencive cover with a volkswagon approved warrenty - all components cover

but can not find a thing as to what it actual mean this all components cover ?? anyone shed some light on this ?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Oh, man... hope it gets sorted soon. I had mine on one of those recently - actually looks quite majestic if she's clean. "This tarmac is not worthy..."

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers damian i just about to drop sara's at a dif garage then im head straight for the dealers  

·
Registered
258 Posts
I drive my one back home when the pedal went (70 miles) around the M25 and down the A3, didn't really have to stop or change gear so wasn't that bad..

.. For anyone this happens to and who like me was to far out to get towed (Blink'in Green Flag!) give the car a quick rev before changing gear

TRY NOT TO CHANGE TO OFTEN!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Know its not much help but if it has the dual mass flywheel and it needs replacing it'll be about 600 plus fitting another option (if it fits) is to go to a single mass unit which people like JBS sell for 385+vat (for a 1.8T)

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well its at the dealers , and they cant give me an answer till monday with regards to warrenty , had to sign a sheet of paper to allow them to take gearbox out and to inspect it they gave me a price of 360 odd to just do that , so at the end of the day if i do have to pay il be looking at

360 x 2 and then parts and then a bit more [:(] fingers crossed its covered

jwhite i did try and drive it but not even a hint of it wanting to go in gear so i did call out vw assist who got it to the dealers for me

and yer i know about the give it a rev and slip it in gear but it did not wana go no matter how much i tried to

had to do that on a few of my other cars ive owned and its always worked no probs , but this time it didnt

il wait for that phone call monday and just pray lol

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
thats pretty tough mate, feel for ya.

If you got it through an approved vw retailer do you not get a years warranty with it?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
[:O] How much.....

No sleep for you over the weekend mate...

Hope the phone call on Monday is really good news...

"Think i need a drink"

·
Registered
965 Posts
Can't beleive it Jason!!!!!! [:(] Think when you do
finally come round I will have to have the fridge stocked up, boy your
gonna need a drink!. Hopefully its going to be ok...I mean not too much
of a dent in your wallet, fingers crossed for ya![;)]

As I said last night you can always borrow John's car...he he
LOL!!!! (sorry John only kidding) Yeah Jason I will have to wait
till you have driven something else first before I do eh...these things always happen in three's [:$]

Good luck with it on Monday! [;)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cheers thanks again everyone , im hoping not to have to go in my wallet over this , but i bet they try and say it not under the warrenty

i wont be sleeping much untill the phone call lol

oh katy what times ok to collect johns car ?? [;)] just kidding lol , a well stocked fridge sounds a good idea

they are arranging a car they the will let me kill , ops i mean drive Sensibly lol at the moment just waiting for them to phone back aswell

the other thing that anoyed me i had my mates world title fight last night and i missed that aswell , was a shame i couldnt pass the tickets on to anyone , as they was ring side , and i still dont no how he got on [:(]

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
the other thing that anoyed me i had my mates world title fight last night and i missed that aswell , was a shame i couldnt pass the tickets on to anyone , as they was ring side , and i still dont no how he got on [:(]
That sucks, who is your mate and what kind of fighting are we talking

1 - 20 of 53 Posts