Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture of the month?

I thought that maybe to encourage some picture taking skills or something to that effect, we could have a picture of the month competition in the same stylee of the car of the month?

Maybe some rules could be that it has to be of a Golf/Bora/Jetta.

Must be taken by the postee or they must be in the picture.

Only allowed to win the comp once in say every 12 months to give those
out there who aren't all as gifted as the few on here who know what
they are doing, a chance of winning someting!!

Must be a bit of a laugh!

Maybe suggestions for the prize are some website goodies?

What do we all think?

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Sounds a good idea mate

i could donate a set of anni side skirts as 1st prize[;)]

OOPS 11 wait for ME ME ME ME ME ME ME !!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha! Sounds like a fantastic prize! I was thinking more along the lines of stickers, caps or what ever other type of site fund-raising stuff there is tho!!!

Do you need someone to "evaluate" a test copy of an anni front valance and R32 3dr side skirts???!!!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Haha! Sounds like a fantastic prize! I was thinking more along the lines of stickers, caps or what ever other type of site fund-raising stuff there is tho!!!

Do you need someone to "evaluate" a test copy of an anni front valance and R32 3dr side skirts???!!!
LOL i bet you would LOL[;)]

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I was always taught that If you don't ask then you don't get!!

On a serious note tho, do you have a thread somewhere describing some of these items. Things like cost, fitment, durability etc??

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
im up for this now i have my new camera....

would this have its own forum section? like car of the month or would you just slip a thread in somewhere?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it deserves it own little section like car of the month if you ask me!

I will have a look into the sales bit then denty!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly! My skills are a bit lacking but I do have a good eye for things sometimes!! Right now to persuade the bosses to let s do this!!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
It should not be a thing about the cars but the PERSON taking the photo

as CAR OF THE MONTH is all about the car

it should be about using your SKILLS and looking for the perfect shot of your car and putting some of the ace camers to good use and improving your skills at the same time

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bang on there Denty!!! Exactly what I was trying to get across in a round about kind of way!

Soph, It will be a vote based on a poll out of the half a dozen or so nominations we get for the month. Each person has one vote in the poll and that determines the end result. The nominations will be cast like they are currently in car of the month.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
there should be a sort of name in the hat system to be put down for the draw

like a TOP 10 chart buster sort of thing and then a pool out of the "10" s elected

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there should be a sort of name in the hat system to be put down for the draw

like a TOP 10 chart buster sort of thing and then a pool out of the "10" s elected
That's it, altho when you say pool out of the 10 s elected, you mean vote?

I also think that the number should be reduced down to 5 or 6 thro to each final vote each month, due to some users still on dial-up (like myself) and 10 images would take a damn long time to load!!!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
6 is a good round number but 10 was just an example[;)]

the only thing that need to be done is how to s elect the final 6 from from all the votes
we need to set some guidelines like:

type of shot, angles and reflections

along with the quality of the picture and just the overall appeal of what the image looks like rather than what is in it if you get what i mean[:cool:]

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nah I think this is getting a little over complicated!

I think the current way in which the nominations for car of the month are gained should be the same for picture of the month. No Guidelines more than people can do a bit of self promoting or someone can nominate them based on previous posts which may have been put up!

If we make things over complicated then no-one will know how to or even want to enter.

The shots could be of anything car related, for example beading on the roof of a car or a particularly arty picture of some dirt in the arches! Anything as long as you feel it is worth trying to nominate yourself or another member! After a few days of nominating, the first week of each month for example, then the 6 or however many we decide on, with the most nominations get put forward to the final vote which will run until say the second or third day before the end of the month.

I do agree tho that it is not a competition to see who has the nicest car! That is what car of the month is for! It is purely for the quality of a car related picture! That way Mr bog standard 1.4 man has exactly the same chance of winning as Mr R32 man!

Look in the Car of the month section if the above sounds like rubbish!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts