Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who loves go-karting? I do.

Thats why im going to host a go-karting day for all you midlanders (or outsiders if you like to travel)

Date - Saturday 20th January 2007 from 3pm (later if agreed) also can haggle on dates if necessary.

Depending on amount of people intrested will depend on what style of racing will happen. Small amount will probably just be a few fun races, Larger group will be a possible tournament. Depending what venue offers

Venues, (please add if you know any)

Full Throttle (Stourbridge) - Been here a few times, great twisty track with jumps when going up and down bridge [:D]

Also one in Telford which i believe has the biggest indoor go-kart track in the UK, with fast karts. If any has been let us know [y]

Im a novice at this go-karting business so some expert advice + tips will be appreciated

So the people i believe are intrested so far.

Trollgeddon (Novice)

Veedubdude (Definatly Novice [H] ) + 5 Possible Mates

Paul_B (Possibly novice)

Jrw (Novice/Intermediate) + 2 mates... (One of which will beat us! )

Jamesfellows

Graygti + 1 mate

Kur2y (Maybe)

Golfgirl + Boyfriend (undecieded as yet)

Going2fast

Pauls1820VTgolf

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
I'm up for this. Also 2 other mates as well (both VAG people!)

Where is the one in Telford? I work in Telford and have never seen it! There is a great outdoor one in Ellesmere near Oswestry though!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool jrw, heres the link to the Telford one, i came across it a while back although i have never been there

http://www.paintballguide.co.uk/go-karting/sites/index.asp?id=1585

I will add you and 2 mates to the list [y]

We need someone to take care of booking venue and taking payments etc... im useless at that sort of stuff.

Oh and please state how good you are at go-karting [y] Just so i know who to avoid

·
Registered
677 Posts
Sounds gr8 im defiantly interested, full throttle is a gud track been there a few times. Date is good, venue is good so if that is ok with you lot put me down please :)

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
I would say novice/intermediate! My mate Gra will win! He's about 5'6" and weighs about 8-9 stone - he always comes in top 3!

The Telford track looks a bit pants!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added James [y]

Yeah the track dosnt look too good but i hear they have got mega quick karts, so maybe some nice drifting going on at the end of those straights. (i get carried away from racing sometimes)

If anyone knows any tracks please mention them, i use to go to one in Coseley (Spelling?) when i was little. I remember that as being good but i was only about 15.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Coseley one is a bit small, been there a few times. Also went to the new one in West Brom (the raceway?) the day after it opened and the day before it 'conveniently' burnt down and that was good.

There is an outdoor one in Fradley which although small is good (haven't been there since school mind)

The one in Ellesmere is the best one I have been to I think although it is a bit of a trek - Around 50miles from Cannock.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That Ellesmere track looks ace. Id be up for it but not sure on the other racers due to the distance, a convoy would be great up to there.

Lets see other peoples views on this.

Jrw, im beginning to think you are more than a novice/intermediate go-karter [;)]

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Wahey, I shall be attending! [:D] Glad you got the thread going! This is going to be alot of fun, put me down + 5 mates provisionally, but I'll get back to you on that number! Lol [:)]

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one Andy, you sure you got 5 mates though? [8-|] I may be able to bring 2 people with me, but i shall ask before i add.

What you reckon to that Ellesmere track? Would you be willing to go there?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds good to me, don't mind a bit of travelling as long as its not too far. I'll mention it at the Stoke meet this weekend and see if any of them are up for it.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm up for a bit of karting and will proba bring the b/f along. I went to the Stourbridge one a couple of months ago and ended up coming home with a bruised back from when I landed after taking off at the top of the uphill bit[:D]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm up for a bit of karting and will proba bring the b/f along. I went to the Stourbridge one a couple of months ago and ended up coming home with a bruised back from when I landed after taking off at the top of the uphill bit[:D]
Oh the memories of going to work with a bruised spine. [y] Added you two to the list!

Will be nice to see your car also.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Damn, didn't realise a date had been set when I said I'd come. Just re-read the first post and checked my diary and I'm working that weekend [:(] The 21st is a Sunday too, not Saturday like you've put in the first post. If that's the date then you'll have to take us off and we'll try and make the next one sorry.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OOps , sorry about the "minor" error. Doh.

It will be indeed the 20th January. Im pretty much flexible onto any weekend (afternoon on Sats) Its just a matter of confirming with the other karters if they wish a date change.

With so many people confirmed i think we`ll leave it as the 20th.... BUT ill let you all discuss as usual [y]

Another thing.... We need someone to book and take the payments etc.... If we are to have a tournament it will need to be booked a fair way in advance and i guess a deposit or something from all the racers?.

Stand forward somebody.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hands up those who vote troll to be go-karting organiser seen as he started the thread!! [:p]

#Thrusts hands in air and flails it about wildly#

1 - 20 of 37 Posts