Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, so from my last post lots of people said yellow calipers which I must admit is the answer I wanted, wouldn't have bought the paint otherwise!

I have done the front 2 calipers only as will do the back's when I have replaced the pads with the ones Ade is sending me.

Here are the pics! Now, your either going to love it or hate it, but be honest, you won't offend me in the slightest. I don't like to follow crowds and I like to be different. I like yellow and I love this colour, just not sure if it's maybe a bit too much!? Either way it's staying for a while!

Even if you don't like it, you got to admit, it's certainly different! Not the end of thew world if I do want to change it as I can just re-paint, I just don't want Red!

I'm still 50/50, love the actual colour, just not sure if its OTT. This would be classed as chav I suppose?! Anyway, I reckon it will get you lot talking!

Just a hint!
Posted Image

Full on [H]
Posted Image

So whats your thoughts!? [:$]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
tbh....it looks fine[Y] That's a good shade of yellow - not too bright or dark. Miles better than green and I don't think red would even suit your body colour anyway. Well done!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not OTT? Like I said, not gonna offend me as I like to try different things out and it's only cost me a fiver!

I do love the colour, don't get me wrong, lovely shade of yellow. It looks superb from the back when you have the wheels turned as the number plate sets them off! Strange but true!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
[:O]

Looks excellent mate. Let's have some closer shots.

Yellow, silver and black are really good colours to have on and around the wheels, I think the yellow makes it look workmanlike, in a JCB kinda way. Tough, purposeful, highly visible.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I agree with Glowplug, They look fine[Y] I toyed with the idea of yellow callipers etc on my black golf but didn't have the bottle to do it, even though like you say it can be painted over easily enough ( i couldn't be bothered to do it twice) took me two weeks to get them painted/dry and then on the car as it was.

Black or Silver would suit but steer clear of red and green if you change your mind

They look better than fine actually, they look really great[:)][Y]

Carl

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotta say I'm quite shocked so far at the comments! Thought people would hate it!

Will get some closer shots in a bit. Just have to move the van and the car in front first!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
P.S. While you've got the wheels off, paint the bells of your discs with matt black high temperature paint, stop them rusting up and looking naff when it rains or your wash the car.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Gotta say I'm quite shocked so far at the comments! Thought people would hate it!

Will get some closer shots in a bit. Just have to move the van and the car in front first!
You've actually got me seriously thinking of yellow for mine, would look OK on a silver car and more importantly not clash with my green brake pads (though yellow and green might look like I've got peas and sweetcorn behind my wheels...)

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You've actually got me seriously thinking of yellow for mine, would look OK on a silver car and more importantly not clash with my green brake pads (though yellow and green might look like I've got peas and sweetcorn behind my wheels...)
Yer would look fine on silver. As for the green pads, yellow and green go together anyway.

I must be the only one on here with yellow calipers at the moment? Never seen anyone else do it before, which is why I was waiting for the chav bashing!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well, I read your post and thought - oh my god, yellow !!??

Then I looked at the pic, and I must say, they look pretty good. There can't be too many colours that would go with the colour of your car. I would imagine silver or a matching blue would work, but the yellow deffo seems to work. So no chav bashing from me.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Spanner, I think you hit the nail on the head! Yellow, just sounds wrong don't it!

More pics. First one you can't actually see the colour much at all, but I love the pic, lol, so I'm posting it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh and tints are next on the agenda, so what I was hoping is that the high contrast yellow would bounce off well against the darker windows. Whether that will be the case or not who knows!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Not a fan of tints myself, if you want a stunning contrast then the simple answer is lots of elbow grease and attention to the wheels and tyres. Get rid of the adhesive residue from the old balancing weights, use a wheel sealant, keep them well washed, and regular tyre dressing.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My wheels are knackered! lol Can't justify the cost of another set at the moment though, trying to save for a place.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
My wheels are knackered! lol Can't justify the cost of another set at the moment though, trying to save for a place.
They look great mate , once they get a bit of dust on them , they will die down a bit , thumbs up from me [:)]

oh and on the subject of wheels i know of a nice set of 17 inch Evolo's [;)] lol

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I havent got a clue which wheels I would go for as I haven't been looking. These will be staying for a while.

As for 17", nice try, lol, but no point going from 18 to 17 now is there! [:p]

1 - 20 of 67 Posts