Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the wheels off at the moment painting my calipers. I had it in my mind that the dprings had been cut to lower the car (some of you will know I bought the car fully kitted).

However, it says 'Eibach Dampers' contains gas etc. Does this mean I have Eibach Dampers and springs, they are on all four corners. Forgive me as I know pretty much nothing about suspension.

So are these good? How much would they cost to buy and fit all round?

I love this car, when I say fully kitted, I mean it! [:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Eibach is pukka kit, one of the best. Can't tell for sure what the springs are without looking at the writing on them (most high end springs and for that matter even cheaper springs tend to have the names on them) but going by what you've told us about this car, it's a fair bet that they'll be Eibach springs, too. Seems like the previous owner spared no expense.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
However, it says 'Eibach Dampers' contains gas etc. Does this mean I have Eibach Dampers and springs, they are on all four corners. Forgive me as I know pretty much nothing about suspension.
EDIT: Nah, they're rubbish, take 'em off now and sell to me for ?50.

[;)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

[;)]
Totaly agree il give a ?55 [:D]

nah m8 sounds pretty good to me

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[;)]
Are they that bad? Hmmm, tell you what if you come and take them off and put my some OEM ones on, you can have em [:)]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Are you outdoors with a laptop on Wi-Fi in one hand and paintbrush in the other or running inside between coats to go on UK-MkIVs?! [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Running in, lol. Just waiting for the final coat to dry before putting the metal clip in and messing it all up!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Must say, it's a nice day for caliper painting. I've got a box of caliper paint gathering dust and I've been on holiday for a whole week and now it's back to the grind tomorrow. Oh well it looks like I'm going to have to paint mine one corner a weekend at this rate. [:cool:]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a good day yer, did one yesterday and the other today. Gonna do the backs when I replace the pads that are on order.

One of those things which you think is a good idea, but as soon as you get the jack out, other things seemreally fun and more interesting to do!

Doubt you will like the colour though! I havent made my mind up yet [:$]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
between coats of paint a lol , wana see some pics soon then [:D]

im digging in the garden sorting out the border areas , so im mkiv ing between areas lol

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
springs and dampers new are in the region of ?400
Cool, is that including fitting? The amount of extras I have got with this car is stupid! [:D] They didnt even mention these, so don't know if they even knew, just like they didnt mention the R32 interior!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts