Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Great link DDX, first time Ive seen the new 3 (is it a czech brochure?). On first glance, there's a bit of Jag S/Xtype on the c-pillar, a disguised audi 6 nose, and the top 2/3rds of the car looks a bit alfa 146/7.

Sure it will do very well. Is the 320d more powerful than current its quoted in the brochure at 120kw?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I think it looks as horrible as the current 5 series and as for 1 series, what were BMW thinking when they agreed to that design?

·
Registered
248 Posts
the bmw 5 series looks great imo, but the 3 series is disappointing. imagine that in a coupe/convertible version! plus the rear looks like a mitsubishi charisma

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by aidan on 08/08/2004 13:10:30

I reckon that looks very good. Will there be an M3 then? I thought there was only going to be an M4.

There will be an M3 4dr. The new M3 2dr will be the M4.

I actually quite like this. Its certainly not perfect, there are some weird angles, the kidney grille detailing and hedlight shaping is suspect etc but at least the proprtions are there - its still solid and squat. Now a black M3 variant of that with decent wheels I think I could handle ...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wouldn't say no to the Twin Turbo 335d, (yes DIESEL) with 268bhp and 560NM of torque and 0-60 in less than 6 sec. The thinking mans M3 !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Found the pics again, they are now on www.4car.co.uk

Not the actual pdf brochure this time but pictures and text taken from it and translated :)

the 2.0ltr diesel is giving 0-60 in 8.2 seconds, compare this to VW's engine which is about 2 seconds slower. VW need to pull their socks up and get some more power out of the TDI in standard form.

·
Registered
740 Posts
VW's 2.0TDI does 0-60 in 9.3sec; but your right thats far too much of a difference.

BMW have really shot ahead in the diesel ladder. Just look at their new 3.0 bi-turbo in the 535D - amazing.

There was no mention of the 330D in that line-up - I think we may see the same bi-turbo in the 3-series a bit further down the line [:D] Excellent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts