Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first!! My plans, in priority order!!

1. Change the plates for, well, nicer ones!
2. Get rid of the ABT badge on the boot (cant do the front one)
3. Change the wheels to my 18" set
4. Erm...Well, thats about it! Tints at some stage!

Tell me what you think anyway, even if you hate it! Cus I love the V5 growl [:D] Thanks to Blue_V5 for taking me in his and influencing me to spend a few thousand quid!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
hmmm...you should of orded your plates in time for when u picked your car up...debadging about a 5 min job...and alloys 30 mins tops! but other wise liking the car i was gonna get the same colour bora before i got my gt. congrats.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone want some Auti TT chrome heater rings?! Dont like them...

Just going through on ebay adding all the stuff up that I got with the car....quite a lot of money there!! Thinking of stripping it [:D]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
It does look like its had money thrown at it, with all the chrome rings, ali trim, bodykit etc. You've done well.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rich, the ABT exhaust isnt too bad either. The blueflame looks smaller and neater, the pipes on this are quite wide, heading into chav teritory, however, when I zoom off from a stand still in 1st, it really does put a smile on my face, seriously sounds like a V6 until you get past 4k revs. It certinaly makes people turn round in the street as I've obviously tried it!

You said it was the 150bhp version, which I'm not doubting, but it honestly pulls better in 5th crusing than the 1.8T golf does. Not so much pull when your starting from still, but through the rev range, brilliant. I think its probably got something to do with the turbo lag on the 1.8. Certinaly feels much quicker when your doing 70 and go up to 90, takes no time at all.

PS, tax is up at the end of the month and they have even thrown in a full tax disc free [:D] This is what Ebay should be like! Mindyou, I didnt use ebay, just went straight to them.

The car has deffo been looked after, the kit was imported from the US when the car was first bought by the first owner and it was all installed before he picked up the car from the dealer on his behalf. The R32 trim was installed a month ago so is like new. The engine is literally spotless! It's been to a lot of shows too.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Like i said, if there is HT leads there its a 150 but it will feel quicker than the 1.8T at times like you've found out.

The V5 really is a cruiser engine and as its peak torque is near
4000rpm then if you put the boot down at 70-80mph in 5th it will pick
up and go to silly speeds before you can blink. I love motorway driving
just because of this, it makes overtaking a doddle.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, just got a list of what its got....quite amazed really!!

Oettinger Side Skirts
Oettinger Boot Spoiler
Oettinger Rear Valance
Oettinger Front spolier/lip
Oettinger 'roof' spoiler
Oettinger Pedals
Oettinger kick panels
ABT Grille
ABT Dual Exhaust (full kit)
R-Line Knob [:$] and gaitor
R32 Allu Trim
Chrome Dial Rings
Private Plate with chrome surround (not sure it I like the surround)
Sony CD/MP3 player (not using that though)
Sony 6 CD Changer
Lowered by 30mm
Audi TT heater rings
Some kind of alli speaker rings
Blue side repeaters (hmm)
Winter pack (heated seats, climate etc)
& a free pair of sunglasses hthey left in the car, Oakleys [:)] Will send those back though!
Erm...think thats it!

Anyone any ideas of how much that would cost if you went and bought it all? Its all professionally fitted and sprayed too, so a full cost would be lovely if anyone has any ideas.

Also, it seems to have chrome inside the headlights (seem very shiny), where as my mates bora has a much duller appearance inside the lights, is this something else or is this standard? Also, are my rear lights standard? My mates had different again....

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reckon people dont like it or think it's chav judging by the amount of reads and the amount of comments, half the comments by moi! Come on, if you don't like it speak up, your not going to offend me, but do tell me why.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Looks very nice, lot of mods done to that car already so a good find.  As golfgirl said, I look forward to seeing it at a Bristol meet soon.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Nice colour [Y].....those plates need to be binned though along with the front and rear ABT badges and blue side repeaters [:O]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Right, just got a list of what its got....quite amazed really!!

Oettinger Side Skirts
Oettinger Boot Spoiler
Oettinger Rear Valance
Oettinger Front spolier/lip
Oettinger 'roof' spoiler
Oettinger Pedals
Oettinger kick panels
ABT Grille
ABT Dual Exhaust (full kit)
R-Line Knob [:$] and gaitor
R32 Allu Trim
Chrome Dial Rings
Private Plate with chrome surround (not sure it I like the surround)
Sony CD/MP3 player (not using that though)
Sony 6 CD Changer
Lowered by 30mm
Audi TT heater rings
Some kind of alli speaker rings
Blue side repeaters (hmm)
Winter pack (heated seats, climate etc)
& a free pair of sunglasses hthey left in the car, Oakleys [:)] Will send those back though!
Erm...think thats it!

Anyone any ideas of how much that would cost if you went and bought it all? Its all professionally fitted and sprayed too, so a full cost would be lovely if anyone has any ideas.

Also, it seems to have chrome inside the headlights (seem very shiny), where as my mates bora has a much duller appearance inside the lights, is this something else or is this standard? Also, are my rear lights standard? My mates had different again....
Nice motor mate, welcome to the 'Bora Club', LOL!!

I don't think that is an Oettinger Spoiler from the pics? It looks more like an ABT one?

As for your question about the headlamps mine went dull after a while and that's due to the lenses getting battered which clouds them and makes the internals go dull, he has probably just bought new ones recently?

Also the rearlamps look like the 'Sport' spec rears if I am not mistaken?

What 18's do you have to go on it?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My fault! Was just testing you all! [:$]

It is an ABT rear spoiler, has it stamped on the top.

I have my BK 166's to go on to it....bit different!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Nice choice Graham, and well done for being honest about the oakleys.

I like it and no doubt you will steer it in the right direction. One minor suggestion, remove the font V5 badge if the front ABT badge is fixed. I think the 2 chrome badges are a little too much.

Good find!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well done Graham, looks like you found a very nice example mate

Echo other peeps comments about it needing a little debadging, but other than that it looks great! [:D]

I would go with some Gli rear lamps, red/clear like Mikedav's for your car colour imo, spacers for the rear and maybe some light tints...

Welcome to our exclusive Bora club, just don't go giving us a bad name now though.....! [;)][:p]

Steve

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I dont like it because it's yours...[:p]

Lovely car Graham, love the colour, not really anything thats bad on it..(Plates)

Just put your own taste on it and even you cant go far wrong..Loll[:D]

Nice car, Good find.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You said it was the 150bhp version, which I'm not doubting, but it honestly pulls better in 5th crusing than the 1.8T golf does. Not so much pull when your starting from still, but through the rev range, brilliant. I think its probably got something to do with the turbo lag on the 1.8. Certinaly feels much quicker when your doing 70 and go up to 90, takes no time at all.
This would suggest to me that your 1.8T wasn't running well, as I drove a V5/150 when I had an early 1.8T(AGU) and the performance of the V5 seemed very flat. Maybe the exhaust has helped free up some more power. V5 engine does sound great though; probably the best engine note imo.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts