Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can probably guess its that time of year again [:D]

The Mega Meet is planned for September 9th and 10th (Saturday and Sunday). Bit of a change from last year in that Sunday will be the main day, and Saturday will be used to set up the layout and generally chill out. Good news is we've got the same place booked as last year, which is Billing Aquadrome. Even the same field, too.

We're hoping plenty of you can turn up for the show this year, as it was a cracking turn out last year [Y]

We are also looking for people to help out with the planning, BBQ, Show and Shine and other activities. If you can help out please let us know and we'll add you to the Meag Meet planning group [:)]

Any questions then please feel free to post them up!

List people coming:

Tabs
GolfTT
veedubs
Geeba
Tylerama
N15CKO
Deadlock
MikeDav
Ben_Mk4
Sean_Jaymo
Jaydepleted
Dazzler
Phunkstarhate
Chungster
nosaj
Sarski
Viperspych
Viperspych + Andreea
Gary Cundliffe
Beddie
Kiz
Tony_danza
vwtam
Curley
bad-vw-boy
Lynsey
Zekegti
CkB
Aric + special guest!
Josh
rich1068
PaulB
Goof72
mk4t
j40hnw
r32_jo

Total = 38

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Let me know if you need a hand with anything. More than willing
to help out to show my appreciation for all the help I`ve received.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Really gonna try and come along to this one... need to run it past the govoner tonight though... pretty good with BBQ and fire in general! leave it lying around long enough and I'm liable to burn it![;)]

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just thought of something that might be good for this event, saying as most people turning up will be members of the forum, would it be possible to get those stats sheets that you guys had on your cars at GTI international? If there were a blank copy uploaded, then the forum members could fill in there own and put it on the car so we would know who everyones car is.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
We could really do with someone to help organise the BBQ!
Tell ya what i'll bring the tongs and flipper thing from last year (I took them home for some reason ! [:$]). oh and rayban's bucket that was used to hold beer and he forgot to take it. Infact I think it may still be in the shed with some bottles of beer from last year that I threw in the car before I left. Spect beer goes off doesn't it ? lol. How embarrasing.

Anyway, i'll bring the tongs and a bucket to put beer in [:p]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just thought of something that might be good for this event, saying as most people turning up will be members of the forum, would it be possible to get those stats sheets that you guys had on your cars at GTI international? If there were a blank copy uploaded, then the forum members could fill in there own and put it on the car so we would know who everyones car is.
This is a great idea [Y] Will see if we can add it to our files section [Y]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Dan....think you got ya "Nicks" mixed up..(check out camping post)...I know who you mean tho......yeah mate ill be there for sure...[:D]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Graeme has booked his new (well to him) Oettinger Gold Golf (99 AGU) into the valet guy for the day before.

I'd better book the day off to get the PC on mine then [:(]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Hey Dan....think you got ya "Nicks" mixed up..(check out camping post)...I know who you mean tho......yeah mate ill be there for sure...[:D]
Err riiight.. your name is nick, innit ? Confused now [:$]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I'll do "some" of the cooking again.... Think we should all bring a disposable BBQ like last year - which ones were the rubbish ones again? was it the Tesco ones? unless someone has a proper one. [Y]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Name badges seemed to work quite well last year too......[Y]
Still got a sheet of those in the house, will print some more off though [Y]

I've been thinking about having a wee football match, or tug of war on Sunday. Also as the Audi S2 club are there, we could throw it open to them as well?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll do "some" of the cooking again.... Think we should all bring a disposable BBQ like last year - which ones were the rubbish ones again? was it the Tesco ones? unless someone has a proper one. [Y]
Would you like to start up a BBQ thread, so we can plan who's bringing what etc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been thinking about having a wee football match, or tug of war on Sunday. Also as the Audi S2 club are there, we could throw it open to them as well?
I think the S2 lads would be up for that, I've mentioned it on the thread over there. But the main S2 day is usually Saturday, with most people disappearing by about lunchtime on Sunday.

BTW I'll be there Friday to Sunday, camping with S2 forum, will have to come and say hi.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts