Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Weitec Ultra GT -40mm kit (although it says Bora -30mm on the box) my question is this... Weitec used to make this as a 30mm kit, is my 40mm kit the same but just been re-branded?

I'm after a drop similar to the Eiback -30mm kits (no more) so will the weitec kit that I have do the job or should I be looking to sell/swap? I'm currently running 18's but will probably drop to 17's in the next few months (the roads round here have got more potholes than Wack-a-Mole)

So any advice/pictures would be appreciated - cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got weitec -40mm springs a few months back, they said -30mm on the box. i phone the people i got them off and they told me they was -40mm not -30mm he told me the reason why is says -30mm but can't remember exactly what he said though? may be someone else can help with that one!! hope i helped a little.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got weitec -40mm springs a few months back, they said -30mm on the box. i phone the people i got them off and they told me they was -40mm not -30mm he told me the reason why is says -30mm but can't remember exactly what he said though? may be someone else can help with that one!! hope i helped a little.
Do you have a picture of how it sits with this kit? My main aim is to get it lower so that it looks good but without having the effort/cost of changing ARB's etc and maintaining an OEM level of comfort. I'd be getting the anni -20mm shocks/springs if it wasn't for the cost (around £500 new!!)

·
Registered
50 Posts
this is the best pic i've got of a side view. its probaly not the best example of -40mm weitec springs cos the front sits a little high, my springs are over rated for the car [negative].

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Weitec use to list 3 kits for the Golf 4/Bora, 30mm, 50mm/30mm and 50mm, and then around 2 years a go changed the listings to 40mm, 50mm/40mm and 50mm. For some reason, which I'm not sure of, some of the kits still come with the old stickers on but they are now listed as 40mm, 50mm/40mm and 50mm.

HTH

Damian @ DPM Performance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts