Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now, every so often when in my house these small bright bubbles appear.... maybe about a dozen or so with trails of the direction they are going in following them behind. Think of a bubble in the bath but very very bright.... but i can still make out that it has a spherical shape and it has a bright trail behind it from the direction its just been in.

Its not when ive been looking at bright light... i can be brushing my teeth looking in the mirror, watching tv, laid in bed with lights off. It can happen at any time.....usually lasts for around 10 seconds..... then nothing there.

They are about the size of a pea if you were to hold it at arms length, and they dont seem to travel in any certain direction. Is always totally random around in my line of site/around the room....

Told the missus a while back and she said its probably because i sit at a pc all day for my job and its straining my eyes. Which i thinks a fair explanation.

Doesnt happen every day.... maybe once a month, but ive just taken it as my eyes being buggerd and i need to go for an eyetest.

Never been one to beleive in ghosts/orbs and that stuff....

Anyways.... Yesterday morning before work i was brushing my teeth and i saw these bubbles again.... (told the missus..... to which she replied 'go get my eyes bloody tested then)

Goes to work, comes home and find out my next door neighbour had died at around 9 that morning...(around the time i saw these bubbles)...... thought nowt of it for the rest of the night.

At around 11.30pm i went to call cats in.
Im stood at the back door with door open calling cats and its raining lightly outside....
Im stood there for around 2 minutes and very very faintly i hear 'james' being wisperd from somewhere in the bottom of my garden. The hairs on the back of my neck shot up and i got the feeling someone was around........ and then i hear it again 3/4 times

I step outside (even though im sh*t scared) to get my back garden light to come on to see if its someone pissing about... There was nobody there.

So i come in (or scramble to get in my house)... leave the cats outside, lock up, and sit there infront of the tv wondering if i really dear hear someone whispering my name.
Not within 2 minutes of sitting down infront of my tv a load of strange green characters and symbols come on to the tv for about 5 seonds (over the top of the tv picture).

This really freaks me out so i switch tv off.... leave lights on downstairs and go upstairs to bed.

After about 10 minutes of laying in bed my daughter starts crying in the room next to ours..... so i go in and she's stood crying her eye's out and pointing into the corner of her bedroom. I pick her up and she's still pointing in to the corner of her room and mumbling something. So i take her to sleep in our bed and all fine... allthough i was laid for about 30minutes completely freaked out.

Im either going mental.... due to lack of cigarrettes or something very weird happend at my residence last night.
doesnt explain these bubbles though which ive been seeing for past year.

Last night was probably the first time if been truly 'shi* scared' of something in my life and its made me beleive in ghosts/afterlife

Ps... I was not high on drugs, drunk[:|]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Blimey, that's made the hairs stand up on my kneck. Never had any experience of the 'paranormal' but that sounds pretty convincing to me.

Have the orbs come back again, possibly they were leading up to the neighbour passing away and won't be seen again?

Did your daughter explain what she saw/heard in her room?

Have the cats shown any awareness of anything?

Get a medium in, and don't tell them a thing about what has been going on, don't answer any leading questions and see what they come up with!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry to hear about your neigbour.

Theres perfectly good explinations for anything like this and it could all be coinsidence or you could choose to belive its a supernatural involvment, everyone will think different. The green men on tv could have been another chanel ghosting over the top. Did you change chanels to see if any sci fi programs were on any other channels?

·
Registered
873 Posts
The orbs could be explained by a hole in the cornia or somthing like that, can't remmber what it is exactly. My aunty has had the same thing. Effect the way light refracts on your eye. 

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can't explain the hearing of voices nor your daughter pointing at things but with regards to the "orbs"

I sometimes get this aswell and i think its to do with very small particles on your eye coming into focus and looking as if they are floating in mid air, im not 100% on the cause but i will do a little investigating and see if i can find out for sure....

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup i know what particles your on about....... but these little bubbles are like looking at a torch thats running low on batterys.
The tails are a bit like if you leave the exposure on a camera for a long time whilst taking a picture of the stars.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
When I was younger I had alot of migraines, sometimes they were preceded by visual lights in my peripheral vision. I have since grown out of them and very rarely get a migraine now, however every so often I still get the peripheral firework display of lights that appear and then move away then fade. You might have the same condition, its called Visual Migraine and doesn't usually mean a headache.

Visual Migraine

Visual Migraine is a condition of temporary visual disturbance caused by vascular spasm in the brain, without the headache. In this case, the vascular spasm results in decreased blood flow to the occipital cortex, or that portion of the brain associated with vision. This is often associated with the sensation of a "shimmering light" in the peripheral vision, blurred or distorted vision, or flashing and pulsating lights in the peripheral vision. Because this condition is not associated with disabling headaches, it is not usually treated.
Source

As for the other stuff - I would be scared if I were you too!!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i may be just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5...... it may be a coincidence that i saw the lights at around the time my neighbour died.

And the fact that id seen the lights earlier that day my brain was running away with itself when i heard the voices.

Still doesnt explain my daughter pointing into the corner of her room and the strange images on the tv straight after hearing someone whisper my name.

weird.... will keep you all up to date if anything happens over weekend.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I was younger I had alot of migraines, sometimes they were preceded by visual lights in my peripheral vision. I have since grown out of them and very rarely get a migraine now, however every so often I still get the peripheral firework display of lights that appear and then move away then fade. You might have the same condition, its called Visual Migraine and doesn't usually mean a headache.

Visual Migraine

Visual Migraine is a condition of temporary visual disturbance caused by vascular spasm in the brain, without the headache. In this case, the vascular spasm results in decreased blood flow to the occipital cortex, or that portion of the brain associated with vision. This is often associated with the sensation of a "shimmering light" in the peripheral vision, blurred or distorted vision, or flashing and pulsating lights in the peripheral vision. Because this condition is not associated with disabling headaches, it is not usually treated.
Source

As for the other stuff - I would be scared if I were you too!!
..... that sounds like it mate.

Wonder if its a mixture of both eye migrane and floaters..... because i see bright sphere's which leave trails as they move about and the trails look exactly like the floaters just alot alot brighter (like torch light)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Your daughter pointing into the corner may be simply explained by a moth or fly or mouse.

Also, go to a doctor to find out about that migraine thing and also have an eye test - could just be that your eyes are irritated by soap or shampoo - still, get them checked [:)]

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
I love this sort of stuff!! I'm a believer in ghosts I'm afraid - I know people are going to take the ****, but I'm convinced I've seen one on several occassions.

Very interesting what happenned to you though, would love to know if anything else happens over the weekend. Did your daughter actually say what she was frightened of??

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love this sort of stuff!! I'm a believer in ghosts I'm afraid - I know people are going to take the ****, but I'm convinced I've seen one on several occassions.

Very interesting what happenned to you though, would love to know if anything else happens over the weekend. Did your daughter actually say what she was frightened of??
She was saying something but i couldnt understand...... she's has only just turned 2 so sometimes when she tries to string a long sentance together its difficult (for me) to make out what she's saying.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Blue field entoptic phenomenon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The blue field entoptic phenomenon or Scheerer's phenomenon is the appearance of tiny bright dots moving quickly along squiggly lines in the visual field, especially when looking into blue light (such as the sky). [1] These dots are due to the white blood cells that move in the capillaries in front of the retina of the eye, near the macula. [2] The dots move somewhat in sync with the heart beat.

Blue light (optimal wavelength: 430 nm) is well absorbed by the red blood cells that fill the capillaries. The brain "edits out" the dark lines that would result from this absorption. The white blood cells, which are much rarer than the red ones and do not absorb the blue light well, create gaps in the blood column, and these gaps appear as bright dots.

In a technique known as blue field entoptoscopy, the effect is used to measure the blood flow in the retinal capillaries, which is important in diseases such as diabetes. The patient is alternatingly shown blue light and a computer generated picture of moving dots; by adjusting the speed and density of the computer generated dots, the patient tries to match the computer generated picture as best as possible to the perceived entoptic dots. This then allows calculation of the blood flow in the capillaries.

Scheerer's phenomenon should not be confused with "floaters" or muscae volitantes. Scheerer's phenomenon is distinguished by the appearance of multiple, identical-looking bright dots that follow each other rapidly along the same path. Floaters are variable in appearance; although they sometimes are dots, they often have the appearance of threads or shreds of crumpled cellophane. Floaters remain almost stationary or drift slowly and do not follow well-defined paths. They are due to debris floating in the vitreous humor of the eye.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts