Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Weird scenario...

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  MK4_WEZ 
#1 ·
Ok this may not be the best place for this or the correct forum but I'm after a bit of help lol. Basically me and 2 of my buddy's have road quads and we were out on them today due too the weather being nice. We was riding up a mile stretch of road (Possibly speeding but it didn't feel like we were) when we got too the top to turn left, 1 of my mates noticed a marked vectra behind us with it's lights flashing wanting to pull us, my mate then over took me and pulled out onto the main road and took off, I noticed it and stopped behind the traffic and my other friend also carried on to try get away. The reason 1 of them didn't stop is due to the fact he is not insured on his quad and it has no tax or MOT (idiot I know) the other lad who took off is fully legit so I have no reason as to why he sped off.

The vectra only seemed to be behind us right at the very top of the strech of road as it was over taking a van to get to us so I'm not sure if it had clocked us speeding or something, how ever if it had got us speeding would they have just stopped and gave me a bollocking/points/fine what ever instead of carrying on and chasing the other 2 because if all 3 of us were over the limit it would have no reason to chase the others knowing full well it wouldn't catch all 3 of us anyway or perhaps did it chase the other 2 bikes wanting the un-insured driver? The lad with no insurance was actually at the back of all 3 of us on the road where we could have been possibly speeding so possibly there computer flashed up with warnings regarding his insurance etc? I'm a little worried that I'll be getting a knock on my door and a few points!

See less See more
#2 ·
To be honest i wouldnt worry it should be your mates worrying ! yea they may have seen you speeding but as soon as your buddy took of you were not of any interest to them as they sped after your mates,

If you had shot off too then i would worry but they couldnt have been bothered by you, like you said they could have caught you there and then, but didnt !

Dont worry buddy! your mates should they if they got plates off them! lol

#7 ·
are you part of that crew that only knows 0% or 100% throttle, with stupidily loud exhausts which makes your quad sound like a bag of spanners???? constantly speeding without due care and attention!!!!!!!! i can see u drive a mk6. what would you do if some kno8 smacked his uninsured quad in ur mk6 and sped off?????

i hate those quads

rant over

#9 ·
are you part of that crew that only knows 0% or 100% throttle, with stupidily loud exhausts which makes your quad sound like a bag of spanners???? constantly speeding without due care and attention!!!!!!!! i can see You drive a mk6. what would you do if some kno8 smacked his uninsured quad in your or you're mk6 and sped off?????

i hate those quads

rant over
All raptors are 4 stroke and sound beasty regardless, they're not tinny 2 stroke crossers. My bike is also fully legit so how is anything you've just said relevant? Don't stereotype me as a knob head because you dislike them and somebody I knock about with is uninsured, what he does is nothing to do with me. I'm not his dad.

#13 ·
Lol i can see what they mean tho buddy, if one of my mates was driving/riding without insurance i would hang around with him, i mean i work hard and pay my way in life....... its costly but its the done thing dude..............

But good to see you are all good on it tho, insurance /tax what not [Y]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.