Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[:S][:(][:'(][W]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Rooney got sent off for the push, not the stamp. How ridiculous is that!

Anyway, we were beaten fair and square really, when it comes down to penalties, a lot of luck is being thrown around.

However, what was that 'I'm not ready' from their goalkeeper?! What!? Whistle had blown etc, we scored and he claims not ready! Even the commentators didnt really know what to say!

Whats all that about?!

Anyway, did anyone see before the match, rinaldo ruffing up rooney? Then the wink when he got him sent off? He plays for the same club back home for christ sake!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have never liked Ranaldo he is just plain dirty, I so wish Rooney had planted one on him, I think there will be some serious friction between them back at United.

As far as England coming home, I don't know what everyone else thinks but it was only a matter of time. Who ever wins tonight out of France & Brazil had the potential to embarrass us in a big way. I think Sven has to take the blame for one of the worst world cups ever, the guy just has not got a clue you have players like Lennon who play 3 times and perform every time and then you dont start them? you bring 3 goal keepers to the world cup but only 4 strikers? You have players like Beckham and Lampard who were clearly not in form but you play them over proven inform players? I bet the FA are glad Sven is on his way. Let's hope Mclaren has more balls.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Enlgand never looked like winning anything from the start, we were poor all over the pitch except now and again. How long Mclarens contract for? GOD help us now!

·
Registered
639 Posts
To be fair, considering we had 10 men, without Rooney or Beckham we put up a damn good fight. Best performance of the tournament for England. After extra time, we deserved it but the curse of penalties struck England again.

Theres no blaming the ref this time. We were beat on penalties but deserved the win. Unlucky England.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have to say, best player for england this tournament has been hargreaves, as much as I don't rate him..there are good and bad things I think - most of the squad will be around at the next world cup but the bad thing is that Steve Mclaren is taking over. I can't see us playing any different under him than Sven, hes part of the coaching staff now and look how we play...

I hope I'm wrong...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Let's hope Mclaren has more balls.
Not hopeful there, apart from being Sven's understudy, God help him, he looks like a real 'FA puppet yes man'. I think someone like Martin O'neil would have been a better choice, he at least did work with the the maestro 'Clough'

I have to say, best player for england this tournament has been hargreaves
Definitely got my vote for England's MOTM ? incredible work rate, truely redeemed himself and silenced the critics.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
To be fair, considering we had 10 men, without Rooney or Beckham we put up a damn good fight. Best performance of the tournament for England. After extra time, we deserved it but the curse of penalties struck England again.

Theres no blaming the ref this time. We were beat on penalties but deserved the win. Unlucky England.
Completley agree this match was so much better than the others England played and with 10 men they done so well!

I cant believe Ricardo saved all the penalties you gotta give him credit.

But that ronaldo is a dirty, cheating wan*ker he needs to be knocked out! Ii was really hoping rooney would spark him out when he pushed him.

Did I just read right that rooney and ronaldo play for the same team woohoo theres gonna be some words said when they see each other!

·
Registered
167 Posts
1)I hope Ronaldo never plays in the Premiership again. He typifies everything I hate about continental football.

2)Rooney was stupid but unlucky to be sent off.

3)Beckham and Lampard should have been dropped two games ago.

4)If penalties are a lottery why do we always lose? Massive psychological problem for us now. With the exception of Hargreaves, none of the penalty takers looked like they wanted to be there.

JP

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Was a good game though.

Rooney, what a plum.
Are you serious? That was one of the worst games of football in the tournament so far.

Being honest, Potugal did not have a striking force at all through the match. Time and time again, they would get the ball 3/4 of the way in to Englands half and the 4 -6 England players easily outnumbered the 1 or 2 Portugese in the box. All their attempts to pass or shoot from outside the box were terrible.

Similarly, why SGE played one striker with no support was very surprising. England defended superbly, but they never really had anything to defend against.

As a Portugal fan in that game, it was sooooo frustrating, but both teams were dire. Hats off to Hargreaves for being everything to every man - My England player of the match, The Portugal keeper has to be the man of the match overall. His teams lack of skill on the spot was made up for with his supreme efforts vs Englands well taken penalties which were all on target.

Thank goodness England are out - Now we can look forward to impartial broadcasting, no more mentions (or atleast a lot less mentions of) 1966, George Best, They think its all over etc etc etc and a final with (hopefully) two decent teams that play well, probably with Germany in one half of it.

Oh, and Andymac and GaryM with Scottish avatars on for one year [y][:D][:p]

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
England were PANTS full stop in this World Cup.

SVE is a total 1000% muppet who has more time for off field antics than on it.

He also has nooooooooo clue about managing the england team.

The tactics were just plain shocking.

Rooney being sent off was a matter of time. Anyone in his position would have been p'd off playing in that role. He is one of the most committed enthusiastic players in the England squad - no doubt about it. Ian Wright said he'll get frustrated sooner or later and when that happens the inevitable will happen. And it did. Not surprised one bit and I blame SVE for it.

Poorest game ever but then England have been pretty poo all the way thru so far (and b4 the WC) under SVE.

Take Theo Walcott and never used him. Hmm.

Jermaine Defoe and Andy Johnson must be laughing their heads off back home.

Lampard was probably the worst performer through out. He just didn't look like scoring and to let him take the first penalty....clever.

Anyway thank god the swedish muppet is no longer the manager.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ronaldo is a disgrace to professional football but then at what cause will someone take things to win a game?

Who would have though Lampard was the top scorer in the Premiership last season?

As soon as Beckham came off Aaron Lennon opened the game up, Sven should have used him more.

I am pleased Hargreves showed his stuff, if every England player gave what he gave they would have won.

On the good side Brazil are out and we don't have to see the odd looking Ronaldinho's buck-teeth anymore.

Ah well, Premiership starts next month [:|]

·
Registered
471 Posts
i think we had a very poor world cup, we were lucky to get to the quarters in the first place.

i dont think anyone in the right mind can blame rooney, ronaldo is a cheating scum he always has been even for united...first he upsets nistleroy and now rooney cant see him staying for much longer in the premiership.

as for sven[:mad:]!!!!!!!!

• taking only 4 strikers (which 2 of were injured/not fit and one never played a premiership game)
  • playing one up front
  • not playing lennon from the start
  • taking walcott which every fan was against.
  • not having the guts to sub beckham or lampard
  • dodgey substutions - downing and hargreaves
  • starting hargreaves over carrick

im not a big fan of hargreaves but i have to admit he worked his arse of every game...tackling was still poor though.

and to makes things even worse brazil are out, thats my world cup over now i dont want any of the 4 remaing teams to win now and i wont be watching the remaining games (not just because england are out)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts