Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Yes. Might aswell. Only a few quid for a bottle. Just make sure its G12+ from the dealers.

Peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
heard that you could get a metal pump as other one spins on shaft, i thought?? Also, does it affect the injection timing when you change the cam belt?? What do they supply a pully on some kits?? Mine is a 2000 gt tdi so i'm not sure whether it has a hydraulic adj, but think not. You don't have to use any vag timing machine to reset ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have read on previous threads about the leon or cupra bushes fitting the 1.9 mk4 gt tdi 2000. how do you fit these, are there any photos explaining the procedure. ?? Do tou have to drop the axle or can they be done in situ..??

·
Registered
397 Posts
Out of curiosity, how much are you guys paying to have this done? Would be good for other members to get an idea of how much things cost so no-one gets ripped off..!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
any good meachics in kent, anyone recommends or has phone numbers as my car needs doing as well, cambelt and waterpump.

i have brought the cambelt, genuine one from ve, but can't decide what waterpump to buy, the vw one is plastic; i have had a look on avs parts online, they do metal ones, are they better at all.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts