Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 times in the last 4 days for me. Also 2 coats of P21S and 2 coats of wheels wax.

Anyone else going overboard as the weather is nice?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Wait till later in the eveing to wax. Put the car in the shade then do it.
Yeah i do, my side of the road is always sunny in the morning but under shade on a afternoon / evening which is nice [:D]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
once a week for me, it's has got diamondbrite, along with lashings of wax, so the dirt etc.. will just sssssllliide off when I wash her!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I wash & wax once a week regardless of weather, or if it needs it.

Tonight I'll give her a good wash, ready for tommorrow, when she's gona get at least 3 coats, ready for the drive to goodwood saturday, in the rain no doubt

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Once a week for me, wax once per month.

That's enough. I've not got a repetitive/compulsive disorder like some of you guys [:p][:D]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
with the summer damp nights and hot dusty days, three or four times a week, with a biweekly wax with gold class if needed...not to mention a clay barring........us guys who drive black cars........MUST keep them dust free, else they just look PANTS!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Is it ok to wax one coat after another, or should you let it cure over night?

Essex, try the P21S, I found it much better and nicer to use than Gold Class wax.

·
Registered
593 Posts
So let me get this right, I can use Meguiars stage 3 as often as I like? If it's just a wax presumably it is just building up layers of protection on my paintwork- correct?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice 1. I'm going home after work to wash with my lovely Zymol shampoo and apply a generous layer of Meguais stage 3 then! [:)] Thanks Carlos

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
with the summer damp nights and hot dusty
days, three or four times a week, with a biweekly wax with gold class
if needed...not to mention a clay barring........us guys who drive
black cars........MUST keep them dust free, else they just look
PANTS!!!
Sorry, but I am inclinded to disagree....as long as the dust is evenly
coated there is something about how it looks that I like (rally dust :)
)

BUT as soon as it has been coated in over spray from the car in fronts washer jets it then looks [email protected]

PS just washed mine

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You can remove the dust by using a quick detailer spray and MF towel, but you have to be careful with it. I would advise romoving it with a damp cloth first then applying the quick detailer, thats what I do and it looks great.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I used a damp old buffing towel for mine (freshly washed), then spray the detailer in small aread and then buff off with a new towel. Worked a great with mine.

I used the poorboys S&G I think it is called? twas a sample.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts