Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just noticed that the washer warning light can be coded with VAG-COM. Now all those people without the washer warning light, would any of you like to take a peek to see if it just a software change?

Damian - do you have a low washer warning light?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I don't! [:(] and, yes, I would like it.

Don't know anyone with a VAGcom though -apart from dealer of course. Guess he'd want a wad of cash to turn it on, assuming it's possible.

Surely VW wouldn't be so cynical with a safety related feature, would they?????

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I don't either...

A joke really considering the price of the car. That and the steering noise are the only two things I can say bad about the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Be sure to keep us informed as I wouldn't mind knowing if it can be activated on the midline comp (and without xenomns and all those toys that it only appears to be linked up with).

Fudge

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a GTi, without the Winter Pack, and as a result, no washer warning. I'd definately like to enable this if VAG-COM can do so. My location is Kettering, Northants, so a short run up the A14 for me to get to Warwickshire........

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know if you want me to investigate, I am saying I can enable it through the software, but I have not idea if the electrics are there to support it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I hate to be the one to possibly dash everyone's hopes but I don't think a VAG-COM change is all that is required.

I think a long time ago (2004?) someone on here reported that their dealer had discovered this setting and had enabled it for them. Unfortunately, still no warning light. I think there was some mention that the level sensor on the reservoir was missing. It might be possible to retro-fit this sensor (could be a tricky job mind) and who knows, maybe newer models are different.

Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dont worry about not having one, its the most annoying thing. its there beeping at you when the bottle is no less than half full[:mad:]

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Dont worry about not having one, its the most annoying thing. its there beeping at you when the bottle is no less than half full[:mad:]
True, and if you're low on fuel, it's freezing outside and you've not put you're seat belt on as well, it's completely bing-tastic in the car!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have attached a picture from ETKA. Circled is the Water Level Switch - Part 15. It?s the same on both reservoirs.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The part number encase anyone wants to try and fit it is 7M0 919 376. You might also need a wiring loom which I think will be a custom wiring loom.

<o:p></o:p>

JD<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
141 Posts
It was I who had the dealer try to enable the low washer warning for me!

The warning light was there alright, and worked, the only problem was that it was on all the time, even when the reservoir was full!

Not much good really! He did mention a different sensor and wiring loom when I took the car back to have it disabled though. Should be possible, like most things on these cars, but I got to rely on carrying some screenwash around in the boot, which I still do even though I now drive an A3 which has the washer warning!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
[True, and if you're low on fuel, it's freezing outside and you've not put you're seat belt on as well, it's completely bing-tastic in the car!!
same for me...until tomorrow when hopefully i'll be bing free...woo-hooooooo

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
An update for you here.  Yesterday I enabled via VAG-COM the washer warning on a fellow members MKV.  It worked straight away, it seems the sensor is there by default, it is just turned off.  So, if you want a free washer warning, just get hold of VAG-COM.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Milkfloat,

Did you have to do anything apart from enabling it in "Instruments (17)" where you just add 4 to the existing number?

I have tried this and it does enable the warning, but when I filled up the water reservoir it still was warning me on the MFD.(I have a 2006 GTi)

Cheers

JD

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts