Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I've heard of it being done on on black rubber and unpainted, textured parts to remove over polish before....
That's what I heard. Isn't that what that person did - removed polish/wax from plastic bits [:^)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
DO NOT!!!! Wash your car with it! You will have an accident when it rains and you put your wipers on!

Only use it on plastic parts and rubber, black plastic that is.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Fair play.......lol but on a serious not i am gob smacked at how well it works, how do people find out about these things?.......do you just raid your cuboard and find out what works best.......can you use marmite!!!!.....just kidding,  but it does make you wonder.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a mate that used baby oil on his black trim,. you only need a tiny bit on a cloth + rub it in gently with one finger inside the cloth,. the results used to look great.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
GT85/WD-40 will do the same too, its just the oil in it which "replenishes" the colour.

GT85 is quite good as it contains Teflon, so it really beads off bonkers stylieeeeeee.

You can get GT85 in the push bike section of most Halfruads

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Im going to try other peanut products, maybe a snickers. Might take abit of rubbing in though but worth ago?[:D]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Nice idea, and then maybe rinse it down with some halfrauds "service quality and knowledge" wash....

Does this exist?

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
We tried this on my dad's 1995 Golf today, and yes it does work!

Dad's car is 11 years old, and all the black trims have faded to light grey. In the past I've used back to black, bumper black gels etc, but peanut butter rocks!

Best to lightly heat up the peanut butter in the microwave, so it makes it more runny, and easier to apply.

The before and after contrast is amazing, it made my dads car look almost brand new!

Wonder how long the effect will last?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts