Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my heart set on the RIAL DAYTONA RACE wheel for appx 3 months now and was about to order them this week.........untill i saw Faisals ride yesterday sat on 18" ASA AR1 wheels, which i think look SWEET. Even better about the ASA is the price. I just had a quote from Germany: 2 wheels x 8x18", and 2 wheels x 9x18", ?538 including delivery, delivery insurance and all bits/bolts/center caps all inc. The Rials are ?1070 wheels only 8.5x18 fronts, 9.5x18 rears, includes delivery and all bits etc etc. The Rial wheel is a BBS LM lookalike and is a genunine 2 peice rim also.

Which do you reckon to then? Do the Rials scream at you and say yeah im well worth the ?532 more than them ASA's, or would you go for the ASA wheel?

PICS:

ASA AR1 (?538):

Posted Image

RIAL DAYTONA RACE (?1070):

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by steveh on 11/01/2005 10:53:45

Asa, whats there email address?

I wont some for that price

please note that price is wheels only, NO TYRES. But yes its still a very good price. email: [email protected]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Is it worth alnost double, for nigh on the same look ? I know they're not exactly the same, but damn close !

If I was american, i'd be saying "You do the math !" or perhaps "That's a no brainer" [:D]

Go for the ASA's and spend the money you save on some other mods.

Rials = ?4280

ASA's = ?2152. So, a saving of ?2128. That is a BIG wedge 'o wonga, mate !

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by tylerama on 11/01/2005 11:07:58

Is it worth alnost double, for nigh on the same look ? I know they're not exactly the same, but damn close !

If I was american, i'd be saying "You do the math !" or perhaps "That's a no brainer" [:D]

Rials = ?4280

think you have worked it out a little wrong mate!! the prices i have put is not per rim, its for a full set. The Rials work out @ ?532 more than the ASA.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by MikeTDI on 11/01/2005 11:14:26

Quote: posted by tylerama on 11/01/2005 11:07:58

Rials = ?4280

think you have worked it out a little wrong mate!! the prices i have put is not per rim, its for a full set. The Rials work out @ ?532 more than the ASA.

Oh right.. hehe.. whoops. I did think it was a little expensive but thought maybe it was cos they were two piece rims ! [:D] Still ?532.. that's gotta be a nice chunk towards the tyres, eh ?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i see what you guys also mean about the rials too, much much classier look to them over the ASA, thats not taking anything away from the ASA wheel though, especially at that price.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
one thing i would like to know, if i get wider rear alloys than the fronts, will the dish be deeper on the wider rims than the fronts?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry Mike,but you have lost the plot asa are a nice wheel but thats it,but how many wheels like this do you see they have been around for years and agreed they do look good but they look ?550 where the rials could pass as a lot more the ?1050 at that price you think how many golfs are going to be wearing them i would say lots i thought you liked been diffrent,maybe i was wrong.

cheers 4low

ps i am of friday i will speak to you more then ok.[8]

1 - 20 of 67 Posts