Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as few of you know ........or heard ......my cars been back and forth from the dealers for th last few weeks

due to lack of power first 3 was the camshaft sensor and inlet manifold sensor and the fact of lack of power .......all under warrenty

went back in again last week on tuesday ie the forth week with a lack of power still and was told i have a tracked out cable across the started motor which caused the engine managment light to come on .......hence got it back and was cover .......and it sat outside my house till the weekend

anyway driving up the motorway saturday and the phucking thing cut out no power .......GRRRRRRRRRR now i peed off as it must have been a total of 15 miles i had driven it since collecting it from the dealer

this makes it the 5th time now

so back to the dealers today .......they went over it with a fine tooth comb and well turns out its the petrol pump .......but it gets better

Aparrently my warrenty ended on the 27th jan 2006 .......so im not covered .......

i had explained that itsthe same prob each time i bring it back ........but they say oh sorry sir but its a diffrent prob and now your warrenty doesnt cover it ......

but surly as the problem have not been sorted 100% ......still......and it has the same prob since i first reported it .......i much be covered

and its another week off the road before they can fix it due to parts not being in the country .........

any one know where i stand with this .......................

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Simple.

You reported *one* problem - lack of power.

Each time they have failed to fix that *one* problem.

The clock runs from when you reported that *one* problem, NOT when they found the *last* cause.

The fact that the problem had multiple causes is immaterial - the *one* problem is your issue, not your fault it took several tries to fix.

Don't confuse the problem and it's cause!

Get irate and noisy in the showroom...

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
J,

I've sent you VW's H/O number, I think it may be worth putting this through them, even if just to let them know initially. However as you've been reporting problems for a while now, and it's been back on a few occasions, do not take any of this bullcrap.

Keep pushing, let them know you've spoken to VW H/O, and don't let it drop. Try not to do the whole noisy irate and messy in the showroom unless it really comes to it, hopefully there's a calm and quiet way of sorting it.

shtu's point above is spot on though as I've said - you reported this ages ago and they've failed to repair, it's down to them to sort it out. Thank God this is the case, and this isn't new just a week out of warranty.

Keep trying and good luck

C

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would phone up and ask to speak to the manager of the dealership. When on the phone to him, explain the problem. Saying you have only just bought the car, sorry if i have this bit wrong, but remember you do have a 1,000/30 day no quible may back guarantee, and that you bought the car in for the problem on a specfic date, they tried to fix it, its come in a few more times for the SAME problem but its still there, and now you have been told its out of warranty, although you mentioned the problem when in warranty. Make sure you keep cool and calm when you speak to them, and at the end say something like 'do you think this is a good situation or not?' if he says yea then keep going but change around the bits you say, basically repeat yourself, but change the final question, till he says no. When he does then ask 'so what is going to happen about it:?'

If he just pushes you away, say you will be contacting paul willis: [email protected] , director of vw.

And also watchdog, for the bad service and also from your beleif that the garage always knew the problem but didnt want to pay the warranty on the problem so were fiddling till it was out of warranty.

hope you get it sorted.

andrew

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
blimey - you aren't having much luck ATM, J are you ? I definately go the Paul Willis route - nothing happened with my car and my dealer til i contacted Paul and suddenly, after 3 months of battling, they agreed to replace the car within 5 days

Keep us posted....

·
Registered
316 Posts
you are covered..

they tried this on me at audi saying that because the car had covered over 6k the clutch wasn't covered even though i had taken my car into them before the 6k complaining of problems..

rang audi HQ.. and they sorted it..

make sure you speak to a lady at vw HQ as they always seem to go out their way for you..

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i spoke to the ie head office

and they sort of understand my claim ie same fault ......but still not sorted .........they are looking into it ....

but i bet i will end up paying for it ..........as it will prob take longer to sort it out via paper work than ..fixing the problem ........should i let them keep the car untill head office has sorted it ....................................

·
Registered
316 Posts
its a simple case of the person at H/office to say yes.. give them a reference number and then the dealship cna get on with fixing the pump...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wish it was that easy .

after speaking to head office .............i phoned the local dealer where my car is

and now the service manager is in a meeting for last 4 hours lol ...........yer right i belive that ..........

i shall keep phoning ....................

oh and they do do a warrenty for my car for another year .............if i wana fork out 830 .........ouch

·
Registered
316 Posts
i love it when they say that...

since when have anyone ever been in a meeting as long as they do on a regular basis? lol...

4 hours meeting... ill ring back tomorrow..

oh another meeting? 8 hours this time.. wow he must be important... lol

i just say

"just get the bloody manager on the phone.. and if you don't ill come down myself and sort it."

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Its the Dealer Principle you want to speak to.

Service manager no good.

Get him to the phone he will be able to solve this.

If not get back on to VW Customer Care.

Sarah

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right the update ..........

ive been onto VW Customer Care. head office and they was tring to sort my problem out

i have had the phone call from them and they have spoken to the workshop consultant ...who is saying that

the lack of power problem has been sorted out on its last visit .....cough cough (bull.s.h.i.t) has it ..............

and the fact that it is now a non start issue .........like ffff is it ok so ..

..aparantly i was being pulled along by an alien spaceship along the M11 and as i went under the bridge the tractor beam that was pulling me along broke hence why i had now power and come to a hault on the hard shoulder causing this to be a non start issue

more like is was miss Diagnosed in the begining

anyway long story short .....ive spoken to every head of department and had no luck ......best they can do is a discount on the part and fitting

oh and they wasnt wiling to extend my loan car i had from vw assist .............and they still havent ordered the part for my car 3 days later

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Right the update ..........

..aparantly i was being pulled along by an alien spaceship along the M11 and as i went under the bridge the tractor beam that was pulling me along broke hence why i had now power and come to a hault on the hard shoulder causing this to be a non start issue
PMSL[:p]

Hope you get it sorted soon j

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
glad ya liked that bit john .......lol

cheers tom for that ......fingers crossed it will get sorted

Oh and i think the e-mail to Paul willis worked

As i missed a call from a very polite lady ie his PA.......

giving me a case referance and her direct phone number to call her in the morning to speak to with regards to the matter in hand .......so i think she must have spoke to the dealer already to have got my number .......

So fingers crossed i might be getting somewhere ........[:D]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Let me know if you get anywhere with his P.A cos i didnt. She was just as useless. I tried to get to Paul Willis about my car having problems but it was always his P.A getting back to me instead.

My car has been cutting out when i drive since the first 6months ive bought my car....and now its been 2yrs....couldnt get my car sorted....and my warranty is going to run out soon too...

They were USELESS!!!ESPECIALLY ALAN DAY!! I had so many problems with my car since Ive purchased it. I had proof from vw assistance my car has been cutting out, yet they cannot find the fault...

do u know how much is it to extend the warranty?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
right i have spoken to her and she seems very helpful

she could not understand all the agro that i have had over this matter

even she agree that if my engine has been starved of fuel then there is a lack of performance over a period of time and now its gone that far that it has finaly failed and all that ....she is looking into it and will get back to me as soon as possible

and has advised me not to pay for the repair as yet as she is sure that the matter will be resolved and that when the dealers phones me to say work is complete . i need to phone her ,incase she hasnt finished with the enquiry..........

also in answer to you question to extend the warrenty on a v6 4motion golf they want 830 quid plus vat

but it does vary from model to model

1 - 20 of 129 Posts