Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the letter through from Mondial which is part of the vw group about how much my extended warranty will cost ......

gulp how much ....[:(]

Dont think i will be getting it

Prices are

YOUR CAR'S ENGINE SIZE PRICE INCLUCING IPT

Up to 1400 cc ?299

1401 to 1800 cc ? 525

1801 to 2000cc ?591

2001 cc and above ?835

Jesus that a big jump

But i supose if i was to claim twice on the average repair + labour thats would come to 800 plus

Think i will keep money in bank and take the Gamble .......................

Anyone else paid for the extended warrenty ......or chose to gamble ...........lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
Didn't renew the 4motion 2 years ago nor the 330 last year.

Extortionalte.

Warranty Direct will cover 90% of things. The other 5% are minor so I'd have a go at diy or give it to an independent.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Is that price just for 12 months or longer
Per year if I recall correctly - when they offered to do mine after my mk4's one expired, they got told what cliff to walk off of (!)

C

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Per year if I recall correctly - when they offered to do mine after my mk4's one expired, they got told what cliff to walk off of (!)

C
yep as chris said thats per year

so for me it works out to a ?2.28 aday

think i would rather go to ladbrokes and gamble lmao

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

C
yep as chris said thats per year

so for me it works out to a ?2.28 aday

think i would rather go to ladbrokes and gamble lmao
Bloody hell that's a joke[:O]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My R32's warrenty runs out in June. I wonder how much it would cost for that?
If ya go direct to vw ya looking at getting riped off ........they take the p in every way i have found

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I pay ?21 per month for my TDi 130, only just taken it out but they seem to cover most things.

http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/

They gave me a cheaper quote over the phone than online strangely enough but it was only ?3 or so different per month.
just this min did an online quote and its a better one than what v-dub wana charge

?49.19Per Month

?541.071 Year (Save ?49.21)

Still think thats a lot of money to pay out ........

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does this warrenty direct thing actually cover you in most cases? Does anyone have any experience from claiming from them? What doesnt it cover?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does this warrenty direct thing actually cover you in most cases? Does anyone have any experience from claiming from them? What doesnt it cover? My car would only be able to have standard cover due to milage.....

·
Registered
682 Posts
I went with warranty direct last year,on the 4mo-?450 for 12 months,so sounds like its gone up a bit. VW couldnt sell warranty's at the time,and WD looked the best bet. Havn't had to claim as yet,so cant really comment on service etc. Would deffo be giving VW a miss though-thats crazy money! Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Mine runs out next month and I'm toying with the idea of extending it. Will let you know if I get a quote from VW!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine runs out next month and I'm toying with the idea of extending it. Will let you know if I get a quote from VW!
il give ya a quote ......835 quid for vw lol

go to a difrent place claire they will always be better cover if you do get extended warranty

·
Registered
90 Posts
I extended with Warranty Direct..haven't used them yet but my interior fan failed on Friday.

Still have VW assistance so called them. Guy came out and fixed it..very impressed. If I had taken it into the stealers I am certain they would have put a new fan in and I would have had to claim through warranty direct.

So perhaps there is another way try VW assistance first. As with Kwik Fit mobile they dont let the muppets loose in a van so you get good service very cheaply.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts