Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if I have posted to the wrong area.

I have just purchased a golf, and was wondering if anybody knew where I could get the following (or have part numbers);

1. Golf GTI Recaro Black Front Centre Armrest

2. Aero Wipers

Also, any instructions on how to fit aero wipers would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

kc75

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a pair of front seats also the rear seats for sale............. just come out my mates car as we fitted a R32 Trim

·
Registered
842 Posts
hello mate..

when i got my gti with the recaro leather seats i had no armrest.. went to the dealers and they wanted ?388.67 for the armrest with the leather top..

so i said thankyou and goodbye and went to e-bay and got an oem black centre armrest with a cloth lid for ?87... then found a oem black leather lid for ?20 brand new in the wrapper. (main dealers ?45+vat)

so in all cost ?107 a massive saving.. and it took 30mins to put in the car... the main dealer wanted to charge an hour labour!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi jimmyp4gti,

Many thanks for the advance. I shall take it and look on ebay for the armrest.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

kc75

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
then found a oem black leather lid for ?20 brand new in the wrapper. (main dealers ?45+vat)
thanks for that. can you get these leather lids seperately? where did you find one? ?20 sounds a bit good! I thought I might have to get mine re-trimmed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
watch out for the cheap ones from 'hong kong' i spent about 3weeks waiting for one to come up on e-bay. (privite seller)

as for the new lid.. that was also from a privite seller...(had to of worked for vw) i've checked my details but can't find out who it was from.. sorry guys.

i just played the waiting game and i guess got lucky..

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
watch out for the cheap ones from 'hong kong' i spent about 3weeks waiting for one to come up on e-bay. (privite seller)
did you receive the one from hong kong? i've heard they're pretty flimsy, but do you think the lid would fit on my existing OEM armrest?

·
Registered
842 Posts
i never recivied the ones from hong kong.. just heard about them from other people... those sellers do say they are 'spot on copies' i don't wanna say 'yeah' they will fit as i have not seen one.

i think your best bet would be to see how much a local upholster can retrim the lid for..... unless you manage to get lucky on e-bay..

give 'vw parts' a call on 01903850924. they are a scrapyard in the south near pompey that deal in the vag group. managed to get afew bits off them

good luck in your search

james

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
thanks for that, i'll try them tomorrow.

also, thinking about it, if i wanted to try my own hand at re-trimming, i could do a lot worse than starting with something like an amrest lid! All those years watching Blue Peter must surely count for something!

·
Registered
46 Posts
alrite matey, ive got a black cloth armrest in immaculate condition ive just taken outta my mk4 gttdi, it got the genuwine vw bracket and all the bolts to go with it, no ebay cheapies, lol

anyways its yours for 80 postage included

where do you live

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi mate, definitely interested. Can you send me a photo of your interior please and the armrest. I will check tonight and get back to you asap. I live in Ipswich.

Cheers,

kc75

·
Registered
46 Posts

The armrest aint in the car any more matey, so no interior pics its just a standard gttdi trim. you can email me on [email protected] if youre deffo intrested, and we can sort out everything from there.

cheers daz

·
Registered
31 Posts
Forum member special deal

?60 delivered for a pair of front aero arms, and blades

?19 delivered for rear arm, blade, and cap ( to cover nut on arm)

?77 delivered for a pair of front aero arms, blades, rear aero arm, blade and cap

Prices delivered to Mainland UK

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I now have a new set of aeros front and back from OEM. Ordered Thursday evening on internet, received Saturday morning. Many thanks for great service.

kc75

1 - 18 of 18 Posts