Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this site out, basically they send you surveys and each one you complete they pay you either 50p or ?1. Once you get to ?50 they send you a cheque through the post. I've built up about ?10 so far. And before any of you say its a scam or anything, I know people that have received and succesfully cashed there cheques.

The surveys only take a couple of minutes each. Link:-

http://www.yougov.com/users/registrationintro_ref.asp?refid=383919&jID=3&sID=1

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You get absolutely no junk emails or fone calls from them at all. Only time they email you is when you have a survery they just send you the link. Its well worth doing if you are on the net a lot and could do with a bit of extra cash. Any more questions fire away

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how big is the average survey ??

stuarty
usually just a couple of pages. I dont usually answer the questions properly though I just click dont know for most of the answers just to get my money quicker!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ive signed up, not given them any phone numbers of anything like that and i have my first ?1 for making my profile, so when do you start getting surveys? And how long does it take to make up the ?50? only doing it to pay off my speeding fine [8-|]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And how quickly can you build your credit? Say, could you do like 20 surveys in a day for a week?? Lol
I wish! They just send you them when they feel like it, I usualy get around 2 or 3 a week. Depends what you tell them when you sign up really, if you tell them you go to university and are interested in politics etc then they send you more surveys. They basically try to cater for your interests

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Honestly, it's not worth the bother and there are better survery sites out there. Dave, pimping for referal credits by any chance!? [:p]

In my experience, those that offer referrals are generally rubbish and only offer referrals to get people to sign other people up, as you can see from Dave's post. Those that don't bother just get on with things and send decent paying surveys out.

www.lightspeedresearch.com

www.globalmarkettest.com

www.testandvote.com

Those are just some of them, the best by far being global test market (the above links may not be correct!).

I been a member of yougov for about 4 years now, if not more. Infact, it is 4 years, my first every survey was Jan 7th 2003. Had one cheque and done all the surveys sent to me.

They are great to start with, loads of surveys, then as soon as you get to around 30-40 quid, they dry up massively. You then get loads of prize draw entries.

I got one cheque on June 17th 2004. I'm now at 47.80 and havent had a survey for roughly a month I should think. So will take me about 3 years to get that 50 quid, though they do pay out.

Globaltestmarket is based in the USA, you get paid in dollars (which is great when the pound isnt quite so strong!) and you get at LEAST 5 cents every time they send you a survey, which based on my experience is every day or two. If you don't qualify, you get 5 cents. If you do qualify you normally get 1-2 dollars and the surveys are short.

Been signed up with them for about a year and a half, have had dolar cheques sent to me to the value of ?400. Roughly that ends up at about 200 quid. Surveys usually take 3-5 mins. Much much better survey site.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive signed up, not given them any phone numbers of anything like that and i have my first ?1 for making my profile, so when do you start getting surveys? And how long does it take to make up the ?50? only doing it to pay off my speeding fine [8-|]
You will probably have your first survey in the next few days. It all depends what you told them when you signed up as to how long it will take to get your ?50. Also if you refer friends you get more cash, which is why I posted it on here, coz the more people sign up to the link I gave, the more cash I get! [:p]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers for that w36. Gona sign up to all of them sites, I need all the cash I can get at the mo! Was wondering if there was any other similar sites about, knew yougov couldnt be the only one.

Anyone got anymore while we're at it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know I'm leaving myself open to a ripping but do you just hand American cheques into your bank & they just put the equivalent English money in your account?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I know I'm leaving myself open to a ripping but do you just hand American cheques into your bank & they just put the equivalent English money in your account?
Globaltestmarket will send you a sterling cheque, they convert it for you.

If you have a dollar cheque, you can bank it, but your bank will charge you (mine charged me ?10 when I had one)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
well i reckon if TIERRY HENRY and co sit on there arses infront of a pc for a few years,they may be able to pay for their new stadium by the next millenuim?????

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i signed up for something like this once. had about 50p for doing my profile and that was it [:(] lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts