Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for everyone turning up today. Yet another good show and with only one or two left in the season it was good to see such a strong turnout. Some good clean cars on the stand - especially considering the weather some of you came through to get too the show [;)]

We left before the show and shine results but I hope Mike had a result in the competition as his car was one of the cleanest there (even if those seats are horribe [:p])

If you have any pics from today please post them up (as I completely forgot to take my camera out... lol! We could do with putting some pics in the gallery.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Tabs,

Nice to finally meet ya..lol

There were some awesome motors on the stand maybe next year ill get mine on there

Great show

Stu

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Sorry for leaving so early... I started to feel pretty rubbish, so came home for a sleep.

Good turn out... Some really nice cars.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Anyone catch my friends Oceanic green Bora 4mo? I believe it cam runner up in the Concourse? But a little strange that it was to the Venom lupo!!! Dont get me wrong, I like it, but it aint THAT tidy.[:S]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
All the cars on the stand looked really good, well done boys..

Great t-shirts Gary, Beddie.[:D]

Sorry i had to leave early as i felt like sh!t.. really rough.

Stopped twice on the 56 to be sick and didnt even touch Emma's bbq.....[:D]

Think it's man flu, loll

Hope to see you all next time...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
good to see you all(again!)

didn't get any photos of the show,just a couple of the stand.(and 1 of my drive over the snake)

ps.

thanks for introducing me to the "orio tower"...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Great turnout today. Good to catch up with you guys. UKMKIVS stand looked in fine form as usual.

The show and shine was a JOKE. I didnt win anything or come runner up, and let me add i wasnt expecting to get anything, but i will say that the judging, catogorys and descisions were a complete joke. It seems to me that people who have been going for years and the people that have the most trophies and mag features get to win and new comers and the like are frowned upon. Its as if they feel they have to give an award to the same people every time. The judges could not find a single thing wrong with mine, so they started IMO to get VERY picky. For example, my engine bay.....sliding their fingers beneath the rubber on top of the bonnet lid looking for dirt. Looking for muck INSIDE my car, headliner etc. Looking inside my fuel flap for dirt?! WTF???! Then looking inside the boot. All my cleaning products were in there and right away that was nil points coz it should of been bare. What the heck am i suppose to do with all my stuff? I'll be honest and say the most important bits of my car for the show n shine were IMMACULATE. The paint looked as if it had just come out of the spray booth, my wheels were blinging, EVEN ON THE INSIDE OF EACH WHEEL!! You could of eaten your dinner off the insides of my arches and my windows looks like mirrors. It seems to me that they have picked on the non showing things on my car which were not on view to people. Im sure that even if i had addressed those areas i feel they would of picked some other random stupid thing to fail me on.

Other than that.....great show! lol

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It was as an excellent show. The standard of some of the cars was amazing. Sorry I didn't really get a chance to chat with anyone but my dad and cousin were with me so I was going round the show with them.

Mike your car definitlely did look immaculate and you deserved to win something for it. I wish I hadn't seen it though because that's another set of alloys on the shortlist lol.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Great turnout today. Good to catch up with you guys. UKMKIVS stand looked in fine form as usual.

The show and shine was a JOKE. I didnt win anything or come runner up, and let me add i wasnt expecting to get anything, but i will say that the judging, catogorys and descisions were a complete joke. It seems to me that people who have been going for years and the people that have the most trophies and mag features get to win and new comers and the like are frowned upon. Its as if they feel they have to give an award to the same people every time. The judges could not find a single thing wrong with mine, so they started IMO to get VERY picky. For example, my engine bay.....sliding their fingers beneath the rubber on top of the bonnet lid looking for dirt. Looking for muck INSIDE my car, headliner etc. Looking inside my fuel flap for dirt?! WTF???! Then looking inside the boot. All my cleaning products were in there and right away that was nil points coz it should of been bare. What the heck am i suppose to do with all my stuff? I'll be honest and say the most important bits of my car for the show n shine were IMMACULATE. The paint looked as if it had just come out of the spray booth, my wheels were blinging, EVEN ON THE INSIDE OF EACH WHEEL!! You could of eaten your dinner off the insides of my arches and my windows looks like mirrors. It seems to me that they have picked on the non showing things on my car which were not on view to people. Im sure that even if i had addressed those areas i feel they would of picked some other random stupid thing to fail me on.

Other than that.....great show! lol
Basically what my bud said about the judging of the concourse. seemed to be no order what so ever, and mate your car is certainly one of the tidiest examples about. love the seats.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
it appears the judging of the MK3/MK4/MK5's are causing quite a stir on another forum. Bang out of order putting them in 1, yes ONE catorgry, not even stock and modified!!!!!

Thanks for comments guys. Ive put some damn hard work, time, effort and money into it the past few months. Its giving me nightmares!!! << and thats not a lie!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just a few shots of the stand taken just before we packed up as I realised I hadn't taken the camera out all day (spent so much time chatting and enjoying the company)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had a great day out with a different sunday lunch .....thanks Emma.

Tabs, remember to bring some flyers next time as mine are nearly all gone

Catch everyone soon

R

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Redbeard would it be possible to remove my reg number from that first photo please? I think it must have been taken when I was leaving and had just taken the show plate off. Cheers

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
looks like a good show.

Mike your car looks superb, please don't be disheartened, I am sure i speak for everyone else when i say that it is truely immaculate.

All the MK4's look very good in the pics, a lot of effort must have gone into the preperation. However, this is the car i am so yearning after, a sportline, and what a great example it looks:

Posted Image

·
Registered
383 Posts
miketdi i can't believe you didn't get anything!![:(] Thats an outrage, your car looked imaculate and i couldn't spot any stone chip marks on it anywhere.

Good show though, and our lass has finally relented and now understands why my car needs lowering!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Redbeard would it be possible to remove my reg number from that first photo please? I think it must have been taken when I was leaving and had just taken the show plate off. Cheers
Sorry Andrew I missed that one myself, I've removed it for now and will edit the photos when I get home tonight.

R

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeh it was a good show yesterday, nice to meet a few of you for the first time. Will be coming to more in the future. I got quite a few pics so i will put them up in the next few days.

Thanks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It was quite a good show i quite enjoyed it! Its only a relatively small show but its a good day out! Nice to put a few faces to the cars, didnt meet that many of you though as i was with some of the Polo lads who i know and was with them most of the day! Anyway it was nice that rain held off as it was looking like it was gonna chuck it down a few times! I got a few pics, but not many as i forgot to take them most of the time!

Somone on the stand who i didnt meet......but are these Hella Red/Black/Red rear lights?:

Posted Image

Nice mk4 on some cool wheels:

Posted Image

Mk5 Gullwing doors:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A sweet beetle on 20 inch BBS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are a couple of pics of my car on the stand looking very lonely as i was the only one left at this time, I held up the stand till the end! hehe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 31 Posts