Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new car last month with full VW Main Dealer Service History, the car is only 6 or 7 years old now.

I see that the work carried out has a warranty for 2 years if I am not mistaken, does this warranty stay with the car?

I have picked up on a couple of issues with the service and have a few concerns so it would be helpful to know where I stand as a new owner.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s good to know, I have had it confirmed through chat that I have have to process a claim with the approved retailer that carried out the work and that it is covered under a workmanship warranty.

I only bought the car last month and parked it up since then after inspecting the service book, there’s the chance they will need to inspect the engine.

I have paid a premium for a car with FVSH from a private buyer so at the minute I am left with a car I don’t wish to use and due to a cock up at VW!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did approach the dealership first but have heard nothing back yet.

I can’t say too much at the minute as I am not completely sure. It looks like the car has done around 8000 miles on low emissions TDi Oil that is not the right spec for a TSi engine with a timing chain. Hence I can’t say I have much confidence in the same dealership doing any further work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still no joy with this issue.

I have mates in the motor trade who tell me the technician carrying out the service fills out the service book and adds the stamp.

A service advisor then creates an invoice of the service and takes payment from the customer.

Is it the same story for all dealerships?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts