Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new car last month with full VW Main Dealer Service History, the car is only 6 or 7 years old now.

I see that the work carried out has a warranty for 2 years if I am not mistaken, does this warranty stay with the car?

I have picked up on a couple of issues with the service and have a few concerns so it would be helpful to know where I stand as a new owner.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I had the front wings on my Golf 5 replaced 5 years ago under the VW 10 year body perforation warranty and was told that the warranty on any repairs went with the car, not the customer.

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s good to know, I have had it confirmed through chat that I have have to process a claim with the approved retailer that carried out the work and that it is covered under a workmanship warranty.

I only bought the car last month and parked it up since then after inspecting the service book, there’s the chance they will need to inspect the engine.

I have paid a premium for a car with FVSH from a private buyer so at the minute I am left with a car I don’t wish to use and due to a cock up at VW!

·
Registered
11,256 Posts
i would check with the dealership that has done the work first, than ask if it is possible to have that sorted out at your local dealership... meaning whatever they find and have to fix the costs will be recovered from them... not you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did approach the dealership first but have heard nothing back yet.

I can’t say too much at the minute as I am not completely sure. It looks like the car has done around 8000 miles on low emissions TDi Oil that is not the right spec for a TSi engine with a timing chain. Hence I can’t say I have much confidence in the same dealership doing any further work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts