Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a couple of topics on what exhaust for a MKIV.this is mine for the people that wanted some pics....

it's a genuine VW Racing item from the dealer.very happy with it.nice sound ,perfect fit and very very cheap.[:D](from a freind at the dealer parts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cool really like it. Does it say Volkswagen Racing on the pipes? Also do you know what models it is available for?

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes!it's embosed on the end of each pipe tip with "volkswagen Racing".(it's actually made by serbring though,it's stamped on the box)

from what i can remember it fits all mkiv golf except 4 mo..(as the back box goes across the back of the car on the 4mo.)but it does say in the parts description that to fit it you also need a 4mo rear valance fitted.

cost me about ?63all in.....[:D][H]

·
Registered
942 Posts
These back boxes were for sale at Gti International for ?125, cant remember which company it was but they had about 10 of them. I was going to buy one but they looked like Mild steel and i was after Stainless Steel, the guy couldnt tell me what it was made out of.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I actually think they are a nicer pipe than the exit of my 4mo standard exhaust.... doesnt really bother me as im getting mine lopped off (want stealth look.)[:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
These back boxes were for sale at Gti International for ?125, cant remember which company it was but they had about 10 of them. I was going to buy one but they looked like Mild steel and i was after Stainless Steel, the guy couldnt tell me what it was made out of.
sneaky... very much worth it for ?63 if they are mild steel, but not so good at ?125!![:S]

·
Registered
685 Posts
Damn!!! What a revelation! If only you could combine that somehow with the rest of the t back milltek and sports cat?!?

Can you?!?

*Cough* Group buy *Cough*

[;)]

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I've found out VW retail is ?350+vat !! for the backbox alone!!

I'm just trying to find my cost out though Joe as im sure it came in cheap!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just phoned my local dealer up he said they dont make them for mk4 golfs just beetles so i phoned one in sheffield gilders and he has just said 280+vat can any one tell me where to get one from for that cheap price

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.