Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dinny gees any o yir pash !
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently had my Mk7 Golf in for 10k miles service at the dealership & was told that free of charge I would be getting a 23X4 software update for the Engine management system.

When I asked if this was anything to do with Diesel-gate, service manager said No. THAT was all the data I got. There was no discussion asking do I want it, I was simply told it was happening as part of the service.

Has anyone any further info / been told the same thing ?

Appreciate that THIS has appeared on the old interwebs, but it is GERMANY specific...
Freiwilliges VW-Software-Update unter Aktionscode 23X4: Achtung – Falle! | Goldenstein Rechtsanwälte

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Well by just reading that it's another setup to get the car through the tougher emission tests that can be introduced at any given time, imho it is voluntary so you can tell the dealer to not install the 23x4 update software.... and if they will do it ask for a notice that they ugraded it against your wishes and have them sign it. That way you can take action (read court) faster should another diesel-gate scandal pop it's head around the corner again.

but all the newer diesel engines have an egr-valve problem and there have been numerous of recalls with both software updates and egr valves being replaced. so i do get where the dealer is coming from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts