Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue has been raised on a number of occasions on various forums. I have been looking to update my mobile for some months now, there are some lists on various forums but most of the phones listed are old. VW were unable to assist so have been searching the web sites of the phone makers trying to find ones that are rasp compatible. A lot of sites just have under the compatibility - "Bluetooth" and others have a detailed list of Bluetooth compatibility, so I started emailing the makers. Well that did not work out very well only received one reply from Sony stating that none of their current phones were compatible with the VW Premium Bluetooth.

Getting a HEADACHE [brick] now so turned to one of my local mobile phone store, with parking outside. What a help they were, most of the new Nokia's paired and worked, but what a surprise when we found that a Samsung Galaxy and the Apollo both paired and worked from the steering wheel controls, just had to update the phone book from the cars controls, was not automatically updated when the phone connected. This despite the fact that in the details on their web site under Compatibility - Bluetooth had a long list of details, rsap was not one listed. I am now a happy VW Golf - Premium Bluetooth driver with a new phone without an Ariel !!!!! that works .

Hope this is of help to anyone out there going through the same' head banging ' trouble I was. Suggest take the car to your local mobile phone shop with a car park outside, and try before you buy!!!!

[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
By premium do you mean that it is controlled by the steering. wheel and number comes up in cluster? I have a vw bury unit for sale if anyone fancies it. Cost me 340 at dealers wnt 85 quid. Pm me if intereste.d

·
Registered
517 Posts
if your intrested i have the premium bluetooth out of a 2008 mk5 part number 3c0 035 729 g but no wiring loom for it but i can point you in the right direction of a company who supply them.

pm me if you want it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Although it is in German, the closest to a definitive list that I can get it this website. (scroll down to the table headed "SAP-fähige Mobiltelefone")

My Samsung Galaxy S does have rsap as does my old windows mobile 6.5 phone.

You probably know this but it would appear that the latest MY11 cars have ditched rsap or at least added hands-free profile in addition as we tested an iphone in a '11 Match at the dealers and it connected without any issues. The iphone does not have RSAP.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Had both a Windows Mobile 6.1 (HTC Touch HD), Android 1.6 (HTC Tattoo) and Android 2.2 (HTC Desire HD) connected to my '11 Match. Both hands free and bluetooth audio profiles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts