Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a front valence. It is a genuine VW item and looks very, very similar to the Anni one.

It says Autotest and has a VW part number - 1J0 071 609 underneath.

Anyone know what type it is - Votex ??? Sorry no pics yet.

Paid ?70 which I thought was a decent price.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks almost identical, except that the Anni one has an indented section acrooss the centre of the base and this is just straight across.  Anni ones are now getting very difficult to source at a reasonable price and second hand are virtually non existant !!!  So I am well chuffed TBH. 

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I think it looks more suttle as it doesn't have those bars in the centre hole if you get what i mean.. also i prefer the vortex sideskirts to the anni ones aswell as there more flatter...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
this is a Votex front on my old mk4, sounds like you got a bargain [:D][y] I'm looking for one too if you see another [;)]

Posted Image

·
Registered
432 Posts
Definately liking that one. How much are they from dealers - if you can still get them. I'll keep my eyes open for one of them now!

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
dubswitch, where did you source the valence?
I got it second hand mate.
Nice one Dubs, can't wait to see it on.

My new front end should be on in the next week or so.

Perhaps I should keep hold of my Anni valance for now if they are getting rarer (and of higher value!)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Perhaps I should keep hold of my Anni valance for now if they are getting rarer (and of higher value!)
What front end you fitting then mate ?? I should have shut up about the Anni valence then I might have pursuaded you to sell it to me !!![;)]

If you change your mind, you know where to come. Although I like the one I have, I still prefer the Anni one. You have a PM mate.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts

What front end you fitting then mate ?? I should have shut up about the Anni valence then I might have pursuaded you to sell it to me !!![;)]

If you change your mind, you know where to come. Although I like the one I have, I still prefer the Anni one. You have a PM mate.
and then you could flog me yer Votex one [;)][:D][y] result!

·
Registered
927 Posts

and then you could flog me yer Votex one [;)][:D][y] result!
or perhaps,....the highest bidder as im after one![;)]

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
this is a Votex front on my old mk4, sounds like you got a bargain [:D][y] I'm looking for one too if you see another [;)]

Posted Image
That looks very nice where did you get it from are they still on sale i just searched google and ebay no such luck

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi mate, it came as a factory fitted option when the car was new. I'm not sure if a VW parts dept would still be able to obtain these though? I reckon if they could they would be expensive.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Hi mate, it came as a factory fitted option when the car was new. I'm not sure if a VW parts dept would still be able to obtain these though? I reckon if they could they would be expensive.
Vw can still get them afaik as the last time i asked them about the vortex kit (about 1 month ago) they quoted me the prices and said they had it in stock also...

Sat

·
Registered
86 Posts
i prefer the votex front to the anni one, think it looks quality especially in silver!  if anyone finds where to get hold of one or what sorta price the dealers want please let me know

1 - 20 of 21 Posts