Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

VW jetta 2.0TDI SE alloy wheels replaced under warranty 4 months ago due to corrosion. Noticed that the replacements are again corroding under the lacquer. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
hi, had mine replaced under warranty last april, but i rejected one wheel before i even left the dealers, it had a fault under the laquer which looked like the alloy was pitted, it really showed up in the sunlight, the dealer didnt even question it, they ordered another rim straight away,

had no problems since, i think the quality of the replacements is far better than the originals, having said that, the colour between the spokes is slightly lighter than the original set, but i can live with that,

after mine were replaced i asked the dealer what happens to the faulty wheels, and was told they are returned to volkswagen for refurbishing,

if i was you i would take it back to the dealer, they shouldnt be corroded after 4 months, you might just have a set of the refurbished alloys on your car, they have had to replace loads of sets of the atlanta alloys, i had to wait about 3 weeks for mine because they were on back-order,

hope this helps,

dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave.

Am taking it back to the dealers next week. Hopefully if they have had to replace lots of Atlanta alloys then they have got to the bottom of the problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
how long is the warranty for the wheels....i've got a 57plate 2.0tdi se and the wheels are quite decent at the moment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
car taken back to the garage and have been advised that the replacement alloys they fitted were in fact refurbished wheels. Am still waiting on a response on whether they will replace them again, but I am not best pleased.

If only everything in life was as reliable as a volkswagen........

·
Registered
282 Posts
must admit im very surprised they admitted they fitted refurbs,

good luck with it, hope you get it sorted,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts